Monday, October 22, 2012

Hearts of Imagination/PIP

 These are just a few hearts...
 that are in this finished PIP!
 The hearts with the crocheted lace are actually little pockets.
This quilt top was finished in the spring of 2011. I was waiting on a long arm quilter to let me know she was ready for my quilt but things kept coming up that prevented her from doing the quilt for me.
So my friend, Laura, tells me that she would like to start a machine quilting business. She does not have a long arm but she does the quilting on her home machine. I told her I had a small quilt that she could do for me. She asked if I had any ideas of what I imagined for my quilt. I told her I would love some kind of lacy quilting design in the outside border to match the lace of the hearts. Look what she did!! It is just what I imagined but never could do it myself.
 I love the string of circles along the red border. I am tickled pink to have this quilt finished. If you have a quilt you might like Laura to quilt for you go to her blog. You will find her contact information on her sidebar.
Thank you Laura for making my quilt shine!

With Passion,
Carrie P.

(this was a free BOM from Crabapple Hill Designs, which is no longer available)

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Glad you like it. I had a lot of fun quilting it:)

Jocelyn said...

Wow Carrie, it's gorgeous. The quilt is beautiful and the quilting is amazing!!

Sil said...

The design quilting is so pretty!!!

Wendy said...

So sweet, the quilting is fantastic.

Simone de Klerk said...

Oh my, what a beautiful quilt. Everything in it is perfect.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Oh, Carrie!! It's beautiful!!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Pip Pip Hooray! Sweet and delicate hearts and the quilting is lovely.

Lynn said...

Such a beautiful quilt, and really lovely quilting. And done on a home machine!! amazing.

Rosa said...

It`s yummiest and the quilting is just beautiful!

Lynne said...

A gorgeous quilt with fantastic quilting.

Queenie Believe said...

Beautiful quilt with beautiful quilting. Another quilter is a good thing.

Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

StitchinByTheLake said...

The quilt is absolutely beautiful and her work paid tribute to it. Stunning! blessings, marlene

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

She did an awesome job on an awesome quilt! Very nice!

Raewyn said...

A beautiful quilt with beautiful quilting. You will pleased to be able to pull it out now after it's rested for a while.

Darlene said...

It's beautiful, Carrie. May have been a good thing that the long arm quilter couldn't get to it.
Things happen for a reason. :-)

Jenny of Elefantz said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Oh, it was worth the wait, wasn't it!? :-)
What a clever quilter she is - and what a lovely design, Carrie. :-)

Aunt 'Reen said...

Such a gorgeous quilt Carrie!
Delicate, detailed and dainty..WOW!

Your friend did an amazing job quilting this for you. Her work compliments all the beautiful detail you put into this quilt!

Diane said...

Beautiful hearts and the quilting is amazing!

Candace said...

You and Laura do amazing work, Carrie!
Cheers!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your quilt is gorgeous and your friend has made it even special with her beautiful quilting.

Jenny said...

Another gorgeous quilt! I've never seen one like this. It is just beautiful.

Robin said...

What a gorgeous finish! The quilting is divine. :)