Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Boo!

 Don't be afraid!! You have 54 days until Christmas. The countdown is on. You better get busy if you have gifts you want to make.
 I finished one more pillow cover for my daughter-in-law for Christmas. I wanted to add a fun trim to the pillow. Something like spider webs. I found this eyelash yarn at Jo-Ann's. I hand stitched the yarn around the edge three times. I like how it turned out.
I am linking up to Quilting Daze. If you made a Christmas gift this month you can link up too.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

23 comments:

gpc said...

The yarn is the perfect finishing touch! It makes me want to get started on my pillow NOW!

Unknown said...

Cute:)

Simone de Klerk said...

LOVE the stitchery.

KaHolly said...

Oh, Carrie, the pillow cover is just adorable!! The trim you added makes it so uniquely you!!

Candace said...

So very cute, Carrie! I would have never thought of using the eyelash yarn!
Cheers!

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

lol, I LOVE that stitch pattern... I drew something with the witches' feet in the air to stitch for Wicked and ran out of time, but this is much funnier!!! (a funny for you......stupid me, I was trying to figure out how you got that spider web in the top left corner so perfect, I was thinking dang she's smooth with needle..... then I saw that cobweb on the other pic in a different place, after flipping back to other photo laughed at myself) so looks like it was treats and a trick (editing style) for me here, lol!!!! HAPPY Halloween!

Lynn said...

So cute! I love the pattern and really love the trim around it.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Carrie I love this pattern - oh my goodness it's cute! And the eyelash yarn was perfect. Did you create this pattern or buy it? blessings, marlene

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Another very cute pillow Carrie!

Sisbabestitches said...

Great finish, the stitchery is very cute!

Cheryl said...

That is stinkin' cute Carrie!!! Love that eyelash yarn!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Clever edging for the pillow. Cute pillow.

Shakerwood said...

Usually it's me telling everyone how many days left! Thanks for the reminder. I'm still counting down to the last day of the last show this year so I can get a little break. (That would be 9 days from now) ....

Susan said...

Thanks for the little Christmas fright. Cute pillow!

Melissa said...

I love your pillow!!! Adorable!

Michele said...

Really fun gift! I'm sure she'll love it :-)

Janet said...

I love the pillow. Is it your pattern or some else's pattern that can be purchased? I am a Halloween junkie, love everything about it.
Love your blog, makes my day.
Janet

Ivory Spring said...

How cute! The eyelash yarn is the perfect touch. You must be the best-est MIL!

Teresa said...

Very cute pillow.whata lucky daughter in law you have!

Robin said...

Super cute! The trim is the perfect touch.

Norma Chang said...

So cool, wish I was handy with yarns and thread and ......

grammajudyb said...

I stitched this pattern too this season. I love the eyelash yarn. Our JoAnn's opens in 4 days!!!! Hooray!! I did mine very much like the picture on the cover of the pattern. Orange, purple, lime green and a wild print. Wish I had a picture!

Heather said...

Very cute, I like it even more than the original pattern setting. :-)