This past Monday Karen Combs came to speak to our guild. You might not know her face but I am sure you know her quilts.
She is the master of illusion when it comes to designing quilts. She has also designed some gradated fabric to use in quilts like these. It is called Serendipity. She has included a free pattern so that you can try your own quilt of illusion. You can also check out her blog to see what she is up to. She has a block in the new 100 Blocks magazine by Quiltmaker that I really like. It also uses her Serendipity line. It was really great to see all her quilts.Some of you might remember that my applique bee helped me make the blocks for the lady who was our president last year. She brought the quilt back to show us that she had gotten it all quilted and bound. It looks great, doesn't it?
And now to winner of my Hop To It book...
It is Teresa from A Quilt and a Prayer! Here is what she wrote.
I would call it "Afternoon in Wonderland" because of the soft muted colors, like the soft afternoon light, and the white bunny in the center. It's beautiful, no matter what you decide to name it:*)
So "Afternoon in Wonderland" it is! Congrats Teresa. I am sending you an email!
I appreciate all your suggestions. So many great ideas and I read every one of them. Thank you for all ideas. You all are so creative and made my job of naming my quilt much easier because I am horrible at it. Most times I ask my daughter to name a quilt for me.
With Passion,
Carrie P.

16 comments:
The quilt is gorgeous! What a great name Teresa came up with , congrats to her !
Lucky you to have Karen speak at your guild, wonderful quilt. Congratulations to Teresa!
Debbie
The quilt came together beautifully!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie
Afternoon in Wonderland is a perfect name.
I am so delighted to have helped name that beautiful quilt! What fun! And I will thoroughly enjoy the book - Edyta Sitar is one of my favorite designers :*)
I have never attended anything where Karen Combs was a speaker or teacher but I am familiar with her books. I am sure it was a treat for you.
The Afternoon In Wonderland is a good name. I think it is a good fit for your quilt. Are you going to enter the quilt in a show?
Those illusion quilts are amazing!
The former president's quilt looks lovely!
I'm not good at naming quilts --I tend to give them prosaic names like Scrappy Quilt Ii.
Love your quilt name, very descriptive and appropriate! Sorry to have missed the KC meeting, I heard it was a very good one. Love the president's finished quilt!
So glad I got to look up close at your "Afternoon in Wonderland." Exquisite.
I thought Karen's program Monday was great. I thought she did a fantastic job of covering aspects of color theory. I also was able to go to her workshop on Tuesday... it was fun and everyone seemed to have great success... and a bunch of fun to boot! Thanks so much for all you do. B
How very nice to see the president's quilt completed. It's so pretty.
Olá como estas? espero que bem
vim fazer uma visitinha , tudo perfeito
por aqui , vem me visitar também
bjs
HI Carrie
You won a Simply Fat Quarters book over at my blog! Just wanted to let you know! Sinta
Ooh Karen Combs, lucky you! Love the quilt you all made for your past president, the applique flowers are wonderful. Congrats to Teresa, I love the name and I think it suits the quilt perfectly, it's just gorgeous Carrie!
What a great name for your quilt, Carrie and congratulations to Teresa! How fun to see Karen Combs in person, too!
Cheers!
I took a workshop from Karen Combs at least 10 years ago and it was SO good. I'd love to take another one. She truly is the master of Illusion. I made "Optical Explosion" for my son's high school graduation quilt from the things I learned in her class.
[b][url=http://www.uggsclearancebusiness.com/]www.uggsclearancebusiness.com[/url][/b] Be sure that you know the way considerably you will be charged for your complete job. Because a lot of providers commonly cost a great deal of money it is best to take time for you to investigation and discover much less expensive options. More expensive corporations does not necessarily imply that the business will present better final results than those that cost a lot less..
[b][url=http://www.cheapuggsstore.com/]www.cheapuggsstore.com[/url][/b] How the herb is processed could have a wonderful influence on its potency. White ginseng may be the all-natural, unprocessed root. Red ginseng is root that is certainly processed by steaming and heating. Gabrielle Monique Union (born October 29, 1972) can be an American actress and previous model. Amongst her notable roles is given that the cheerleader reverse Kirsten Dunst while in the movie Deliver it On. Union starred opposite Will Smith and Martin Lawrence from the blockbuster movie Bad Boys II and performed a medical health care provider inside the CBS drama sequence Metropolis of Angels.
[b][url=http://www.cheapuggsstore.com/]cheap uggs[/url][/b] Like in the open, inside of your baggage is additionally really standard and neat. It presents great measurement which has a dimension of 35cm L x 23cm H x 18cm D to keep up to necessities while you hope. There is certainly also interior pocket to independent your noteworthy stuff.
[b][url=http://www.uggsclearancebusiness.com/]uggs[/url][/b] "The company was started by Bernard Gant, an emigre from the Ukraine, inside the nineteen thirties. Within the beginning, the corporate offered its exquisitely produced shirts to private labels these types of as J. Press and Brooks Brothers Brooks Brothers could be the oldest surviving men's clothier inside the America, started in 1818.
[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonsalemarket.com/]louis vuitton handbags[/url][/b] Kriplani's business was create while in the aftermath of bloody religious riots in 1993 that can help develop dialogue for a much more secular and tolerant India, and to make the government more accountable when its procedure of marginalized teams comes into dilemma. "If it is a tipping position, then good," she says. "The privileged have woken up.
Post a Comment