It has been a good week. I got a lot accomplished which I will share later. Thanksgiving was a very good day. My #2 son and daughter-in-law hosted Thanksgiving at their home this year. We brought the turkey, sweet potato casserole, and a pumpkin cheesecake. My daughter-in-law's parents were there too which made it extra special. It was the first holiday we all spent together since my son got married.
One thing I accomplished this week was my free motion quilting practice. This design is really neat and would be great to use for sashing or borders. Sarah Vedeler shared this tutorial on the SewCalGal blog this month. Sarah is a very talented quilter. Check out this post to read more about her.
For this spiral design I printed out this pdf which Sarah shared with us. It had the guide lines to make small and large swirls. Sarah shows the steps to make these swirls which was very helpful. Again I practiced on paper first. This is one thing I will do every time now before I start any free motion quilting.For some reason I was having some problems on beginning the next swirl. You can see the arrows on the paper. I did get better but it took some practice on the paper.
Onto the fabric piece which was fun to do. I think that I will use this design on a quilt one day. One more month of tutorials. I wonder what December will bring.
Carrie P.
9 comments:
You are doing great on your free motion assignments Carrie. I love this swirl design. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving with your family.
Great job on your FMQ.
looking good!
Well done Carrie; It is a nice design, isn't it, I know what I'll be doing this week!? I'm pleased you had a nice Thanksgiving.
Your swirls look wonderful! I've done some of the tutorial but hope to finish up soon and post pictures. I think these swirls will be great to use. Such a versatile shape!
Looking good!
Looking good:)
Fabulous.
Great job Carrie, it looks like you have it down pretty good!
Post a Comment