Mr. P's birthday quilt is finished in time for his birthday on February 28.
These block patterns came from Dawn Heese who featured a sew along on the Henry Glass fabric blog. You can see Dawn's finished quilt here.I had these blocks on my design wall as I was working on the sashing. I asked Mr. P. for his opinion. What you see is his idea on how to do the sashing.
My friend Laura who has just started a machine (she did this on her domestic) quilting business did this quilt for me. Each block is quilted with the same design which I asked her to do. She also did straight line quilting in the borders which I had requested. She is so good at making my vision happen. Thanks Laura!
The quilt has been washed and is ready for Mr. P. to use during the rest of our wintertime. I saw this flannel at Connecting Threads which is perfect. It is called Big Sky Lodge by Jenni Calo. I had to have it because Mr. P's hobby is woodworking. So if you look close you can see that it is a bunch of tree stumps or ends of branches. Mr. P. has cut down his share of trees in his lifetime. He had to cut down trees so we could build our house and have a garden. You can see some of Mr. P's handiwork here and here. The tables and bowl were made from the trees he cut down.
Today I have been busy cutting out the fabric pieces for the two new rows in Lori Holt's row along. I guess you know what I will be doing tomorrow. We are supposed to get rain again tomorrow so it will be a good day to sew.
I am linking up this finish to Such a Sew and Sew.Thanks goes to my daughter for modeling the cowl and for being my quilt holder.
With Passion,
Carrie P.
32 comments:
Thanks Carrie! Looks great now that it has the binding on it:)
He will be all warm and snugly under that nice quilt. Happy Bday Mr. P! I like his setting decision before I knew he helped. Very nice. Isn't it fun to make a quilt for someone you know will love it!
Your DH's quilt looks wonderful! Great backing fabric and a great finish!!
Oh great finish Carrie!!! Love the wood flannel for the back - too perfect :*) Mr. P's idea of sashing is actually very masculine and looks like something my husband would choose too. Love the use of all those neutrals!
Mr P's quilt looks marvelous! He will enjoy using it. The flannel will be so cozy.
Oh so pretty! And the backing has such lovely fabric too. Congratualtions.
Mr P's quilt is gorgeous! I love the blocks and the backing is just perfect! Reminds me of the little farm where I grew up... :) To mention UFO's; I'm doing the hand stitching on the NYB quilt today.
Our misters share the same birthday. A very handsome quilt and the quilting is wonderful. I love using flannel for quilt backs and the CT wood fabric is perfect.
Great job on Mr. P's quilt. I love the blocks and the sashing is perfect with it. What terriifc backing fabric. I can't believe Laura did that on her sewing machine. I'm doing something wrong.
Love the finished quilt - and when I saw it I thought "What a great, innovative way to sash!" and then I saw your comment ;) Congrats on your finished cowl, too - lovely work!
Your hubby's quilt turned out beautiful! Congratulations for completing it on time for his birthday!
Your sew along blocks look darling too!
fantastic finish! It looks beautiful. Great that mr p had some input too.
Enjoy your crafting time.
I really like the setting your husband chose. I like the change it presents to the usual sampler quilt. I'm glad you were able to finish it in time for his birthday. That rarely happens at our house. The quilting looks wonderful.
Mr. P must be so happy with his custom made quilt - it is very manly! Great finish Carrie.
Love this quilt Carrie. Sometimes it's hard to made a masculine looking quilt, but this one is perfect. Happy Birthday to your guy.
This is beautiful, Carrie! The colors are quite masculine and Laura did a fantastic job quilting it!
I'm sure he just loves it!! I sure do! Happy Birthday to YOU, Carrie! Hope you spend the whole weekend celebrating before it's time to turn the birthday attention over to your husband!!
What a wonderful 'finish'. Those colours are gorgeous, well done you for getting to the end of these things - wish I was good at doing that! Hmmmmm!
Great finish....Looks like a boy.... You are plugging along...
Love the colours in your husband's quilt, great choice for the sashing too.
Your Mr. P's quilt is beautiful. Good going on finishing #2. Hugs
Wow, Carrie! It turned out great!!!!
Love,love,love the sashing idea! This quilt looks great :-)
Mr. P's quilt turned out great! It's nice that he chose how to do the sashing. I am sure he will love it, and the flannel will be so cozy for winter.
Warmest Regards,
Suzanne
Oh Carrie your quilt looks wonderful , perfect gift for hubby's birthday . Happy Birthday to him , that day is also my granddaughters 8th birthday :-) How did you do on your basket blocks ?
great quilt! I like Mr. P's sashing solution :)
Congratulations on the finish! I love the backing, too. I'll bet he loves how soft and warm it is! Beautiful!
What a beautiful quilt! It's a perfect masculine design.
Happy bday to Mr.P! Greetings Marle
An early happy birthday to Mr. P! I'll be in TX. His quilt turned out so nice Carrie.
Same for me, rain and Lori Holt's two last rows.
Fantastic Finish! I love the colors you picked out, very nice for either gender!
Thank you for linking up in March to Richard and Tanya Quilts on our Link a Finish Friday. We will have a new linkup available every Friday. So stop by and share what you have been working on and check out what others are doing.
Post a Comment