My third finish is my February/Valentine table runner. This pattern came from the 2010 Quilt Sampler magazine.
You might recall from this post that I was trying to be so precise about getting the flowers spaced and pinned just right. I was trying to do my own thing and not follow the directions which was to spray baste. I pinned instead of spray basting the flowers onto the background. As I started free motion quilting I had to take the pins out and the fabric started shifting. Ugh! So I took the piece outside to spray the back of each flower and flower center. I put them back in their place so that I could machine quilt them. It worked perfectly. Should have followed the directions. LOL
Then I had to get the Goo Gone out because the hand holding the flowers was covered in the sticky spray. I guess I could have sprayed the whole back ground but I didn't want to deal with spray on the borders. So I washed it and as you can see I have nice frayed edges on the flowers and centers. That is the way they are supposed to look.I am linking up this Lovely Finish to Melissa's blog and to the Year of the Finished Project.
How are you doing on your UFOs? The month is coming to an end soon.
It is now time for you to show me your goals you accomplished this month. Remember these are the ones you linked up at the beginning of the month. I can't wait to see what you accomplished this month.
With Passion,
Carrie P.
23 comments:
Wow, all your finishes are really inspiring! I have so many things "talking to me" from there storage project boxes when I go down to the quilt cave. Keep it up, girl!!
In stitches,
Teresa :o)
Another beautiful finish!!!! I'll be linking up soon!!
Blessings
Looks great!
Love it!! That;'s always a challenge for me, reading directions and then actually following them. It turned out well, love the fabric. Darn! February is short month. I need to get moving!
Oh! So cute! Love that border fabric...perfect for all those flowers! I once used spray to adhere some folded cut work blocks I had done. It was a mess for me with all those loose cut out shapes hanging...what a mess! LOL. Simple shapes look like they work much better!!
Wonderful Carrie, I love the frayed edges and you did really well with the FM on the flowers ,not so sure I could do that ;-)
Love your pretty flowers!!! Don't you hate it when the instructions really do know more than you? I hate it when that happens LOL!!!
What fun catching up here while we were gone, Carrie! I can't believe how much you've accomplished! I didn't miss Mr. PQ's quilt did I?
Cheers!
You are doing so good with your finishes! Woo hoo!
I love your runner Carrie. LOL, had to laugh at your sprayed hand...that happens to me all the time, not to mention my sprayed counter! But I do love that basting spray.
I love your runner! It turned out really fun. I need to hurry up with my final finish of this month so I can write it up and get linked!
It is a lovely finish! I need to work towards some of those.
It looks great with the frayed flowers! I have just linked up my February finishes.
it's beautiful! I probably would have ignored the spray baste instruction too!
It turned out so beautifully, I just love the ragged edges. Congratulations!
Having done a similar project a few years back I can sympathize. It turned out great though. It is really cute.
Cute. I didn't realize it was raw edge when you first showed it. Yep, sometimes we learn the hard way. You're really doing great with your finishes.
WOW. I'm so impressed with your three projects done and great ones at that! I love this runner.
I love your table runner, very pretty.
Another beautiful finish!
Love your flower table runner! Especially the ragged edges of the flowers :0)
Your tablerunner turned out so pretty. I like the raw edges after they are washed. You got a lot done in Feb.
Hi, Carrie, am wondering how I missed this post of your finished table runner!! So glad I scrolled back through your blog to find it. Glad I did! I wasn't planning on spray basting (don't have any). Wonder if hand basting would work just as well. Guess I'll find out!! Love how it turned out. Thanks SO much for sharing. ~karen
Post a Comment