Tuesday, August 6, 2013

It has begun!

 For the Love of Hand Embroidery has begun. Jane our wonderful hostess is promoting her love of hand embroidery and wanted to share it with others. My grandmother taught me to embroider when I a was a little girl. I have never lost my love of embroidery. This is just a sneak peek of what I am working on. My turn is November 18.
This is a quote from Jane's post and why she wants to share--These posts are meant to inspire you, to encourage you, challenge you, educate you, delight you, and hopefully invite you to try or to continue this enjoyable craft.

Here is the schedule for August. Our hostess has begun the hop. Go by and see the wonderful projects Jane has made. If you go to Jane's blog you can see the whole schedule so you don't miss out on seeing some wonderful embroidered projects.

AUGUST
5th---Me--Jane
12th---Kris.T
19th---Bea
26th--- Maxine-No Blog


With Passion,
Carrie P.

13 comments:

Judy said...

What a great idea! I love hand embroidery too and I find seeing other people's work inspires me to slow down, pull out some fabric and start stitching. Your stitches are so even, I'm impressed :-) Thanks for sharing this.
Enjoy your week,
Judy

Darlene said...

Oh, this is an exciting hop - I love hand embroidery.

Loris said...

Love your sneak peak! Wish my stitches looked like that :-)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I'm loving embroidery and all the links over at Jane's. Question for you Carrie - on the photo in this post, do you do regular back stitch or stab stitch? It looks perfect. I have been using stab stitch, but I have a large new project which I need to use perle rather than floss and am wondering if I can use two strands....hum????

Abby and Stephanie said...

Pretty and so neat!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh I love what I am seeing! I cannot wait to see it all!

Melody said...

I'm looking forward to this one, I love hand stitching.

Candace said...

Beautiful stitches, Carrie! Embroidery has always been my first love in sewing!
Cheers!

Carla said...

I can only do a few embroidery stitches my favourite being the colonial knot : )

Jeanna said...

Your embroidery is beautiful Carrie. Until I get some very important projects completed, I'm not starting anything new. So... I look forward to your progress.

I'll check out Jane's place next.

Robin said...

Embroidery has been growing on me the last couple of years. I'll definitely have to spend some time hoppin'! Your sneak peek looks lovely so far. :)

Anonymous said...

It's been ages for me. I still remember learning in scouts and years later living in Germany I did quite a bit. I'm curious of what your making....I know it will be GOOD!

Angie in SoCal said...

You do such beautiful work, Carrie. I look forward to seeing your piece.