Monday, August 12, 2013

Quilt Alongs

Do you ever participate in Quilt Alongs? I decided to participate in this one by Sew Lux Fabric. When I saw the quilt and that is took a charm pack I decided I just wanted to do some quick and easy sewing. Chrissy is doing this quilt in installments. If you want to participate, here is the first set of instructions.


I have seen some other Quilt Alongs mentioned on some other blogs. Here are a few if you would like to check them out.
http://nancycabotsewalong.blogspot.com/

http://happyquiltingmelissa.blogspot.com/2013/07/star-surround-quilt-long-schedule.html

http://auntreensplace.blogspot.com/2013/08/my-august-sew-along-project.html

http://www.sewmamasew.com/category/sew-alongs/

http://www.jamiemueller.blogspot.com/p/brick-road-sew-along.html

http://needlethreadhappiness.blogspot.com/p/christmas-quilt-along.html

http://quiltinggallery.com/2013/08/10/a4aqal-lesson-7-unit-c2/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+QuiltingGallery+%28Quilting+Gallery%29

http://www.acraftyfox.net/star-flower-quilt-along/star-flower-quilt-along-kick-off/ 

If you know of any other ones please mention them in your comments so I and others can check them out. Thanks.

With Passion,
Carrie P.


11 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

Quilt-alongs are fun, but I never seem to have time for them. Enjoying visiting the ones you mentioned. Have fun!

Abby and Stephanie said...

I can't seem to follow and complete any BOM or quilt along. Have fun playing!

Janet said...

I'm too busy with my ongoing projects to participate but I sometimes do a doll quilt with Humble quilts. Have fun with yours.

Jeanna said...

All great sew alongs Carrie. My goal is to be in a position to participate in more of these activities next year...I MUST complete some of my UFOs.

I enjoy following your progress though...keep up the good work :)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Looks good, carrie! I am following along with this one:

http://www.acraftyfox.net/star-flower-quilt-along/star-flower-quilt-along-kick-off/
it started last week and they are on step #2 already, but the sewing hasn't begun yet!

SEW much inspiration out there!! :)

Debbie said...

http://quiltinggallery.com/2013/08/10/a4aqal-lesson-7-unit-c2/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+QuiltingGallery+%28Quilting+Gallery%29

I am doing one from The Quilting Gallery called Aiming for Accuracy. It is a block a week. I like to have one quilt along going along with my regular sewing.

Judy said...

I've never tried participating in one, but I really enjoy seeing what others are making! Enjoy yours.

Deb said...

I have participated in On line quilt a longs and they are fun I hope I can keep up with what you do It is so much harder for me to follow blogs now that blog reader is gone.

Unknown said...

Pretty:)

Robin said...

Oh, fun! I love quilt alongs. I'm hoping that I can find time to do one in a couple of months. But I've been on a UFO roll and am not ready to start something new just yet. :)

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I enjoy them. Even if I start late or lag behind. I am doing Lori holt's Quiltly Barn Along.
I like what you are doing. Great fabric choices. Have fun!