Thursday, August 22, 2013

WIPS and Finishes

No, not mine but some Works in Progress by my applique bee and some quilts that were brought to show and tell during Modern Quilt Therapy group that met last week.
This first block is being made by Beverly. This was last years BOW by Primitive Gatherings.

 Patti continues to work on this quilt. She is just working on those hundreds of leaves. One day she hopes to get to the flowers. :0)

 This is Jane's WIP.
 Bonnie is working on a Kim Diehl pattern.
 Charlotte is getting ready Thanksgiving.
 Brenda is working on gift.
 Do you think this Goldfinch was her inspiration for her color choice for her wool?
 Now some modern quilts. Enjoy!



 This is the front and back of this blue quilt.



 We got two more block patterns which use our solid fabrics.
 LC was our speaker at the group. She was giving away some her patterns. I won this star quilt pattern. Thanks LC.
 Marina gifted this pattern to me all the way from Australia. Thanks Marina.
With Passion,
Carrie P.

19 comments:

marina said...

what lovely projects and modern quilts!
I so love that hexie flower, amazing fussy cutting and piecing.

Jocelyn said...

Wow they sure have been busy bees :-)

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

Nice pictures!

Jeanna said...

A very talented group indeed! Nice work, thanks for sharing :)

Carla said...

Everything is looking fabulous! I am so slow at appliqué. I started a block of the month about ten years ago and have been on block seven for about 9 years ; (

Raewyn said...

A colourful interesting post :-) Great to see what everyone is doing and how they are doing it.

Barb said...

wow wow wow
what great projects and wonderful inspiration!
lovely applique projects.
thanks for sharing

Abby and Stephanie said...

Such a variety of beautiful handmade things.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Some beautiful work by very talented hands; thanks for sharing this bounty!

Melissa said...

What great inspiration! And I love goldfinch, they always make me happy :)

Allie said...

Delicious eye candy today, Carrie! Yes, I do think that goldfinch was her inspiration - the best colours are found in nature!

Aunt 'Reen said...

What an amazingly talented group!
Thank you for sharing all of their beautiful and inspiring work!

Cathy said...

I always enjoy seeing what projects your bee is working on. Very inspirational. I itching to start a wool project. Hugs

Judy said...

Wow, what wonderful applique! Thanks so much for sharing the photos with us. I was just thinking of pieced hexies and how they would look so it was neat to see someone doing that.

KaHolly said...

I always love it when you post pictures from your group. Everyone is working hard and their projects show it!! Like your new pattern!!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

You belong to two wonderful guilds Carrie. How fun! I wish I lived at that end of the state.
xx

Teresa in Music City said...

Such lovely eye-candy Carrie! Thanks for sharing :*)

Robin said...

You belong to such great groups, Carrie! Thanks so much for sharing the eye candy. :)

FlourishingPalms said...

It's great to see those modern quilts. I'm a pushover for any with rainbow colors... and white. Beautiful. I will say congrats again on your pattern win. You're still the most winningest blogger I've ever come across.