Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A little bit of applique

Do you read Pat Sloan's blog? I do and I have also had the privilege to meet her in person. She came to our guild to speak and do a workshop. She was great fun. She brought the greatest quilts to show too. Pat has a birthday coming up soon and she asked for her readers to make her a block. She asked for red, gray, or black and maybe a bit of orange. Well, I thought I would applique her a small block. This one is called Winding Ways. This block will be on its way tomorrow to Pat's mailbox. I better iron it before I send it!

Oh, I am also linking up this post to Angie's Applique Tuesday.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

16 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

I love the background fabric and your applique is always so neat and precise. You are very generous too.

Turid said...

What a fantastic block.

Rebecca Grace said...

This is really interesting, with the print fabric for the background and the tonal solid for the applique pieces. It gives the block a fresh, modern feel. Very pretty!

gpc said...

What a cool looking block -- I love it! :)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I have never seen an appliqued version of a winding ways block. What a great idea! I listen to Pat's podcast and have made a wallhanging using her pattern. She is a hoot!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Loveee your little bit of applique!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

What a great block! I am sure she will love it.

Angie in SoCal said...

What a cute block, Carrie! Pat is a sweetie. I admire her and all her work.

Lynn said...

I love this block, the background and applique, it's all just terrific.

KaHolly said...

Oh, my goodness, she's going to LOVE it!!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great background fabric with the birds in the trees.

Informal Sports said...

Thanks for your text. I would like to say that a health insurance brokerage also works best for the benefit of the actual coordinators of the group insurance plan. The health agent is given a listing of benefits needed by individuals or a group coordinator. What any broker does is seek out individuals as well as coordinators which usually best match those wants. Then he presents his recommendations and if both sides agree, the particular broker formulates a legal contract between the two parties.

Cardsharing Server

Dar said...

Great looking block. I have never seen an applique winding ways block before. I bought a template for making winding ways at my first Paducah show visit way back in the '80s. Haven't used it yet! Now I just might get it out and try it.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Beautiful block Carrie! I would love a quilt out of LOTS of those.

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

It is beautiful Carrie! Love the colors and your appliqué is perfect. Tell me more about that background fabric... Love those cardinals...

Karen said...

Gee, I never thought of doing Winding Ways with applique. I cannot get consistent correctly pieced Winding Ways blocks. A solution to the problem.