Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Second Finish

My second finish is a simple finish. Our guild makes preemie quilts for our local hospital. The members have been challenged to make four this fiscal year. This is my first one. I found some die cut 5" flannel squares at our local Joanns with matching yardage. It will be a nice cuddly quilt for a little baby.
As you can see from the outside photo we did not get any snow. And in my excitement of anticipating snow I forgot to give credit to the "Snow Day" embroidery on the previous post. It is a design by Kathy Schmitz.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Cute quilt! No snow here either, just cold brrr.

Jeanna said...

Adorable preemie quilt...it's very nice you all make and donate those. You should be able to work up 3 more this year easily.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Sorry you did not get your snow, instead we got it! Love your quilt, it does look cozy.

Preeti said...

Lovely finish, Carrie!:)

Abby and Stephanie said...

Flannel makes such a warm and cozy quilt. I'm sure there are many in the Northeast who would gladly give you their snow.

KaHolly said...

Thanks for the link for the snow day stitchery! It was so darned cute! Sweet little blanket. I know it will be much appreciated!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Hooray for each and every finish! You will warm the hearts and souls of a deserving family and their little one with this lovely gift.

Barb said...

you can have some of my snow, lol.
cute and cuddly preemie quilt!

Cathy said...

Cute quilt. I love flannels. I am envious of the green grass and sunshine. We got another inch of snow over night and temperatures in the minus. More snow today. Hugs

Aunt 'Reen said...

What a darling finish!

marina said...

looks like snow wouldn't come near the place with that sunshine?
lovely baby quilt..

Candace said...

Oh no....no Snow! I thought for sure we would see a big pile of it in your yard, Carrie ;>) Better yet, what a lovely finish and I'm sure there is a preemie out there who will treasure it forever!
Cheers!

Carla said...

Preemie quilts are so fun!

Lynne said...

What a lovely reason for making a quilt!