Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Day in the Life...

 Each day can sometimes bring something new. Yesterday brought snow around 1pm. It snowed way into the night and then it began sleeting. I woke up to a beautiful snowy landscape. It snowed just about all day today.  Our area got about 10 inches of snow. It has been several years since we have gotten a good amount of snow. 
 If you look close in the middle of the Hemlock tree (below) you can see a black, white and orange bird. It is an Eastern Towhee. I don't see him often. Last year I caught a glimpse of him. You can see a Youtube video of him singing here.
 Mr. P.had today and the next four days off. He is going to work on our house remodeling. While he worked today I thought I would watch the snow fall and do some sewing. I needed to figure out what to make for dinner first that would not involve a lot of cooking? I decided to roast a chicken and some vegetables. I put it all in my big cooking pot, stuck in the oven for 3 hours and...
 sewed up some pieces for some blocks. My plan is to put them together tomorrow. Stay tuned. And dinner was delicious!
With Passion,
Carrie P.

16 comments:

Lynn said...

I just saw where it's going to be 70 next Thursday. I love NC weather! But for the next few days it perfect for staying in and sewing.

marina said...

what a pretty little feathered visitor.
that style of cooking gives you heaps of time to sew.
looking forward to seeing those blocks come together..
Happy sewing

Brandie said...

Stay warrm!

Doniene said...

Wow, wild weather every where! Glad you're toasty warm!! Love that little Towhee - one of my favorite varieties of birds! We have Canyon Towhees here and they are so entertaining! Beautiful fabrics!! Can't wait to see more!!

Blessings and hugs!

sunny said...

Sounds like a perfect day! We had about 10" also. Just a lovely day for some stitching.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Happiness is snow in someone else's yard. :o) We missed this last storm. Thanks goodness! Enjoy and happy sewing.

Jeanna said...

Beautiful bird...and snow. Dinner looks great, I bet it was delish.

Can't wait to see what your put together :)

Sheila said...

That is a lot of snow for your area , we ended up with all rain . Oh your supper looks so yummy , must do that someday . Glad you had a fun day of stitching , will be anxious to see what you create .

Jocelyn said...

The snow is so pretty. Glad you were able to get some sewing done.

Cathy said...

The snow looks pretty until you have to drive out there. Glad you got to stay in and have a comforting dinner and get some sewing done. Hugs

Gisele Bourdon said...

Bonne journée de St Valentin.
Ici chez moi Richelieu Québec ,il neige toujours et de gros vent.
Gisèle

Candace said...

How unusual for your area, Carrie! It's so nice to see you're keeping the birds well fed, too! Happy Valentine's Day!
Cheers!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Enjoy the rare snowfall Carrie!
Hope those home renovations go smoothly this weekend!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love the picture of the bird. Enjoy your snow, and the weekend.

LuAnn said...

Dinner looks delicious. Glad you are enjoying the snow. It is pretty, but as of last night we've broken the record for the snowiest winter on record. It's been great sewing weather.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I'm so ready for Spring. This has been one crazy winter for sure!