Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Summertime!

 I am caught up with the BOM from one of my local quilt shops. The fabric is Lily Ashbury's High Street. I think the colors certainly represent Summertime. The blocks are from this book by Eleanor Burns.
 Summertime brings harvest from the garden. Flowers, carrots, and peas.
I pulled up the rest of the carrots today even though they are not as big as I want. See those gnawed carrots? No that is not from me. That is what voles do. Lots were missing. I don't like sharing with the voles so up the carrots came.

 I have been picking a few raspberries but this is the biggest batch so far. Today was the first day I picked some blueberries. I will have start checking them every day now. The perfect summertime breakfast.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

15 comments:

KaHolly said...

Oh, yum, look at those blueberries and raspberries!! It will be a few more weeks before mine are ready to pick and I can't wait!! They call my name.

Rebecca in AK said...

I sure like those fabrics! They really do say Summer! So sorry about your carrots and the voles eating them. At least they didn't get them all. Such pretty flowers and yummy berries!! Happy Summer!!

Jeanna said...

The fabrics for you BoM certainly do scream summer...Love them. I really like the way the baskets surround the flowers :)

The berries look delish and I guess the voles thought the carrots were pretty good too.

Lynette said...

oooo! I am in *love* with the block on the right! Fabulous fabrics in it. Naughty voles. :P We used to have a bunch of them in our yard, and then a Great Horned Owl couple moved in who needed them all to feed their baby. Haven't seen one for a few months now.

Sheila said...

Great blocks Carrie and oh lucky you to have some fresh raspberries and blueberries to pick , yummy :-)

Unknown said...

Wonderful Blocks Carrie! I love the fabrics you use...
Yummy... the berries looks good and your flowers are so lovely.
Hugs from Italy
Deborah

Leeanne said...

Pretty post for me on a bleak winters evening here in New Zealand!

Karen H said...

Your blocks are lovely and very summery! As for the carrots the poor voles are just trying to get by! At least you have some berries!

Cathy said...

I love your blocks..definitely summer. Sorry about the voles. I love raspberries and blueberries. In fact I had blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Hugs

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh no voles like carrots too? My carrots may be doomed. Your blocks are pretty and I can't wait until my raspberries come on.

Dar said...

Pretty blocks. I used to have a few summertime fruits in the garden, but now it's overgrown with weeds. Not enough time and energy to do a big organic garden and quilt too. I sure miss fresh veggies though. May have to rethink my priorities real soon.
Those voles are a big pain here too along with squirrels, rabbits and raccoons.

Pat said...

Those naughty voles! used to think chipmunks were so cute until they went down my rows of potatoes and sampled each one.. Bet you are enjoying those tasty berries...they say summer as much as your wonderful quilt! What happy colors.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Very pretty blocks!
Your garden is always so prolific and wonderful. Thanks for sharing those fabulous pictures.

Candace said...

I saw Eleanor promoting her book at Spring Market in Portland last year! She was dressed in the chef outfit and looking so adorable! Wonderful harvest, Carrie! Voles are so tiny - it's amazing they can gnaw to much off a carrot!
Cheers!

Robin said...

Yum! Those berries look wonderful! The boys and I went berry picking for the first time last week and came home with a ton of luscious strawberries. So fun! We'll definitely be heading back once the raspberries are ready for picking. :)

Love the summertime blocks-- so bright and happy!