Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Three Finishes!!!

 I have three cute finishes to share with you today. These are the BOM that I have been doing through Shabby Fabrics. These are called Bertie's Year by Bonnie Sullivan. I got way behind and I am determined to get them all done this year..
 Aren't they sweet? You know how I love birds so I had to join in.
 I am linking up to What a Hoot! BOMS Away!
 I thought I would share my fall garden too. I actually took these pictures last week. We have had lots of rain since the weekend so these plants have really grown.
 I have my plants which all started from seeds in different beds. I hope by doing that I will get some of the veggies and the voles won't get so much this fall.
 This summer I tried growing pumpkins up on a trellis. I got two that survived the bugs grown this way. I don't know where I saw this idea but you take some kind of fabric, I used one of my husbands old knee socks, to make a hammock to rest the pumpkin in. That way it can grow and not break off from the vine. Pretty neat idea and it worked.




 Last but not least a photo of my sweet grandson. He is a big boy now sitting in his new highchair I bought this weekend for him. He is enjoying eating baby food now.
With Passion,
Carrie P.

26 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh Carrie, he is just so adorable!! And your work is stunning as always. Thanks for sharing.

Angie in SoCal said...

What a sweetie!! Brightened my day seeing him. Your finishes are adorable. Yours is the first I've see as individual quilts. Lucky you to get rain to nourish you sure to be wonderful garden.

Gmama Jane said...

Carrie, your beautiful projects pale in comparison with that sweet face sitting in his new highchair!! I have a new 6 week old grandson adopted before he left the hospital! I now have SIX grandchildren!!!!
Gmama Jane

Raewyn said...

Such a cute wee fellow, I can imagine the pleasure he brings! Your seasonal finishes are lovely. They are all very striking. Hope your garden continues to grow and you can keep the pests away. Great idea with the hanger for the pumpkin!

Karen said...

I found all the Bertie patterns on sale a couple days ago and have ordered them. I plan on making individual quilts like yours. I enjoyed seeing yours.

KaHolly said...

Wow!! He's grown so much! You are so fortunate to see him daily. Your finishes are wonderful. I am so envious!

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful finishes, you have been busy.
Your grandson sure is cute, what a sweet smile.

Debbie

sunny said...

You've been busy! Your garden looks great. I've never seen pumpkins grown that way, but if it works . . . Your grandie is adorable.

Hazel said...

Is the bird in the second picture a curved billed thrasher?

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Those Bertie quilts are gorgeous! Jealous of your garden, and wow, what a pumpkin! Such a blessing to have that little man in your life, Carrie. x

Teresa in Music City said...

That little grandson is too, too adorable!!!! Love your Berties - I'm way behind too and hoping to catch up at retreat next week :)

Leeanne said...

Fabulous finishes! Your garden is looking amazing, such vitality. Hugs to the sweet wee man in your life, don't they grow up too quick?

Lynn said...

What a happy, cute little guy. I love your Berties. The watermelon is my favorite.

Preeti said...

Congrats on the lovely finishes!! Cute pic of your grandson:) Your garden is growing nice too.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Those are such charming little projects. Clever idea about the pumpkins wearing knee socks. :o) Damien is getting to be a big boy in a high chair. I know he brings lots of joy and happiness. Such a sweet face.

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Love your little Birdie's Year blocks! Very cute Grandbaby too! He's growing up a bit huh!

legato1958 said...

I love your Bertie's Year blocks! You are inspiring me to start my Bertie's Winter BoM mini. I love that cute little bird!

I see you have binding on each block. Are you keeping your blocks as mini's?
Your applique work is gorgeous!! (I will be doing raw edge applique on mine.)

I am happy to learn of your blog. I see you had stopped by mine... Susie's Sunroom. Nice to meet you!
Susie

Lynette said...

How interesting with the pumpkins! I've never seen that done, but I'm going to have to remember it.

Your Bertie quiltlets are SO FUN! I absolutely love that project and really enjoy seeing people do it. :D Thanks for sharing at BOMs Away.

Karen H said...

Your Bertie blocks are so cute as it the wee grandson! The pumpkin sling is hilarious but if it works, why not?

Cathy said...

I love your Bertie quilts. I just ordered all the patterns. I cant wait to start. Your grandson is adorable. Hugs

Kathy said...

Love the Bertie finishes!!! I have only finished the January one all the rest are still in the mailers:(---well February is half done. Grandson is adorable.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

The grandson is so cute. Love your Berties they are coming along nicely. Somehow I beat the Voles they have moved on the better gardens I guess so I have actually been using my carrots!

Candace said...

I just love those little blocks, Carrie! Oh my - your fall garden is outstanding! Mine is getting covered with leaves, slugs and aphids! I love the pumpkin sock!
Cheers!

Sheila said...

I have enjoyed seeing your Bertie finishes , so sweet and your grandson is growing leaps and bounds , just adorable !

Allie said...

Oh my goodness those birds are SO CUTE!!! What a darling BOM. Your garden looks so productive, what a great idea to hammock your pumpkins, I've never heard of such a thing! Your grandson is so cute, he looks like a gerber baby - what a sweetie!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

What a little cutie! And those Bertie's are super cute too... Love all the little details.