Sunday, March 8, 2015

Took the Week

It took the week to get the binding sewn to the back of the table runner. My grandson will not let me do any kind of handwork while he plays. He wants to be right up in my lap when I start to work on a project. I usually work on hand sewing projects at night now. 
 I have this wavy stitch on my sewing machine. I did not make it evenly spaced on purpose because I wanted it to represent water/waves of the ocean.
This will be for my daughter for her birthday this month. This was a pattern by Sherri of A Quilting Life.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

23 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

There are so many blessings with keeping a grandchild Carrie that I know you know already - but it's nice when you can steal a few moments to do a little stitching. blessings, marlene

Karen said...

What type of sewing machine do you have? I like that wavy stitch.

KaHolly said...

Brings back memories of trying to sew when my daughter was little.......back in the dark ages! Love how the table runner came out. You're 'wavws' are so perfect!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the moments with your grandson...before you know it he will be off to school....there is always quilting. Lol

Your waves look perfect!

Leeanne said...

Super runner, the quilting is perfect.

Sherri said...

I love the colors and I love the quilting! Thanks for sending me the email, too!

Allie said...

When my boys were little, as SOON as I got them in bed, I'd pull out the sewing - it was pointless to do it before. Sigh. Carrie, you did a beautiful job on this runner. I love the wavy quilting, I have that stitch too. Well done, now take a nap girl!

Angie in SoCal said...

My grandson is 4 and I have little opps for sewing while he is here. One is when he watches Daniel Tiger for a 1/2 hr, and the other when he naps. Otherwise quilting is out. They grow up so fast! Love your table runner and your quilting of it.

marina said...

beautiful runner Carrie and the wavy quilting is very effective.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks fantastic x

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Beautiful and I like the wavy stitching. My grandsons all seemed to need interaction more than the girls. The girls were much more independent.

Unknown said...

Very beautiful runner, dear Carrie! Your daughter will love it!
Hugs, Deborah

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love your color and fabric choices and that stitch is the perfect finish!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Carrie! I'm sure your daughter will love it.

Cathy said...

Your table runner turned out so nice. I remember the days when my grandson had to be on my lap at all times. Good memories. Hugs

Hazel said...

I've never heard of a wavy stitch on a sewing machine...what machine do you have?

Candace said...

How pretty, Carrie! The wavy stitch is perfect! I think maybe Damien wants to learn to quilt with Grandma?
Cheers!

Jeanna said...

The table runner came together very nicely. I love the quilting, it's perfect for those fabrics. Ocean hues and wavy quilting...great job.

Dar said...

Very nicely done Carrie. Your daughter will love it.

Judy said...

I like the classic blue and white that you used. Nice choice on the wavy stitch!! I'm sure it's such a blessing for your family that you watch your grandson. Our three guys are grown now, but I have such good memories of when they wanted to climb in my lap and read a book :-)

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Your choice of quilting is unique and I'm surprised by how much I like it....makes your piece interesting.

Thanks for opening my eyes.

Kelly

Robin said...

That's a snazzy stitch! I like how you varied the spacing. She is going to love it! :)

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I love your quilting... it adds so much interest. I don't use that stitch enough. Give your grand a hug from me - I miss a little person to squeeze!