With Passion, Carrie P.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Antique Mall
Yesterday my husband and I went up to Stuart, Virginia to visit a huge antique mall. I am not really a collector of antiques or vintage things but since my husband has discovered his hobby, finally, I have been looking at these things a little differently. My husband's new hobby is woodworking with the old time tools. So now we go to antique stores looking for the old tools. While he is looking I am having fun looking too with nothing in particular on my mind to buy. What ever catches my eye is what I might buy. This past summer I went through my house and de-junked and simplified so I don't really want to fill up my house with stuff again but I did buy a few things.
The basket is going to be used to hold my husband's magazines and papers he prints from the internet. He has a tendency to pile them up on the coffee table and they become a big pile so now he has a place to put his stuff. I love the blue jars and this one had the zinc lid that was not all beat up. I like to put my scraps of wool in them. I just liked the casserole dish. The tag said the metal part was from the 1930's. I don't know if that is true or not I just like the dish. Then I saw that shoe box of ornaments and it called my name. The colors are just pretty together.
The little cookbook is for Borden's Eagle Brand milk. I love the pictures inside so I bought it. I think it might be from the 50's.
I found this aluminum tray and I put the ornaments in it and now I have a new Christmas decoration. I think the pink ornaments bring out the pinks of the quilt.
I went to Stephanie's blog today and she is introducing a new blogger who is also a pattern designer. She has only been blogging since November and her name is Sheri Howard. It looks like she likes to do some applique. My kind of designer. She is also having a giveaway. Go say hi and welcome her. And don't forget to tell her I sent you.
With Passion, Carrie P.
With Passion, Carrie P.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I've never really done much antique shopping...someday I'd love to go somewhere back east and really have some fun browsing. You picked up some fun finds!
Fun! I also just look and see what catches my eye. I love those mason jars and what a cute casserole dish. Sometimes I come home with nothing and sometimes I find something wonderful. Great display of your new ornaments.
Hi Carrie - must have been a weekend for antiquing! Mr. Squash and I went to Snohomish this weekend looking for a kitchen queen for our Squash House, but came back empty-handed...I love your goodies - I have lots of those blue jars with the zinc lids - love'em! I think Mr. Squash needs to hang around your hubby for inspiration...he has yet to find his hobby!
Thanks for the link to Sheri!
Cheers!
Oh.. those bulb colors are my favorite too.. teal and red. They would look so pretty on a tree. I am behind on blogs.. let me go see if you have your tree up yet!
well...you just go girl.....what a good eye for decorating ideas...love them all!
So many pretty finds! The wire basket is wonderful. I want one for my cookbooks. And thank you for that wonderful idea of putting your wool scraps in the fruit jar. I love that idea!
Christmas blessings
Lea
Utah is a terrible place to antique hunt. The east was great when I was growing up. We had all kinds of haunts to find things. I think it is a funny hobby.
Post a Comment