Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I was changing the bed linens in the guest room after my son came to spend the night on Christmas Eve. Look who decided to make her self comfy. She likes a messy bed. I am all the time straightening her blankies.  She likes to make a nest and cover herself.

Here is another view of this quilt.  I made this one in 2004.  It is one of my favorites because I like all the floral fabrics in the four patches.
Here is a sneak peek of the wool cut into some pieces.

I was talking with a fellow blogger a while back and she asked about the thread I use when I am appliqueing fabric.  I have used silk thread but I really like Mettler Embroidery thread.  It is 60 weight.  One of the secrets to nice applique is finding thread to match your fabric and then it just melts into your fabric. I have a list of the spools I have bought so far and when the quilt shop has a  sale I will add more to my thread stash.
With Passion, Carrie P.

13 comments:

Sherri said...

I love the Mettler threads as well...they have great colors and are great for hand and machine work.

Patti said...

I love that setting for the four patches. I'll have to consider that setting for the four-patches I'm currently making as leader-enders.

I used to use silk for my applique - in fact I'm still using it up - but I'm switching to DMC embroidery thread. I've been collecting all the colors over the last few years and really enjoy using for both hand and invisible machine applique.

Browndirtcottage said...

I like that quilt too....it doesn't look so much like florals when it's sewn that way!

Abby and Stephanie said...

That wool is just so gorgeous. Your project will be too! Aw, your pup looks so comfy. Hope you didn't disturb her until nap time was over. That is a very pretty quilt.

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh wow, I love that quilt. It is so darling. What a great pattern. The fabric is perfect for it.

MichelleB said...

I love that quilt! It is lovely. I love the pale pink in it.

Salem Stitcher said...

Shelby loves to next like that too. They are too funny, aren't they?

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Carrie, that quilt is gorgeous! And don't blame her one bit. Why I might have curled up there myself had I been around!

Wishing a new year filled with joy and happiness,
Lea

Sheri Howard said...

You need to make your cat its own quilt to sleep on. That is what I did a few years ago. One big enough to go in the chair where they like to sit, our cat loved his. Beautiful wool! I love wool!

Darlene said...

Oh, so comfy! :-)

That's a pattern I've always loved and have had on my long list of "need to make" - Sigh! I even have yardage of a pink and white ticking to use. Double Sigh! LOL

I used the same thread for applique. Tried silk but it kept slipping out my needle - grrrr!

Your wool project is sweet.

Lindsey said...

So adorable...I'm putting that one on my list of project for 2009. Maybe for my baby girl in "eye spy" theme. I love your style!

Candace said...

Carrie, our cat Sophie likes to do the same thing...except after the bed is made, we'll find her completely under the top blanket - off for a cat!
Love that wool, and it's good to know about the Mettler 60 wt - I've been using silk thread for applique, but it's terribly expensive!
Cheers!

Annie said...

That is a beautiful quilt. Pets always know the best places to rest.