
Look at this beautiful wool quilt. This is the one our fabulous facilitator is making. She is in the process of hand quilting it with pearl cotton thread. The pictures just do not do it justice.

Here is what the original design from the book looked like. This was made by our facilitator too.

As you can see the original design was a square and it is a wall hanging but some of us were going to make a tree skirt. I added more blocks and did not want it to be a square so I got this idea from a magazine article. I wish I came up with the idea but I will give credit due to the person who did.

Here is a before picture of what my tree skirt looks like now. My mom made this a very long time ago. I think in the 1980's.

Here is what my tree skirt will look like in the future. So you can see where the extra points came in from the magazine article. I think I might hand quilt it. And when it is quilted then I will cut the hole in the center and the opening toward the back. I am very please with it and it looks good hanging on my design wall.

I am in the process of making wool ornaments too which I will show you later. The decorations of our tree will change when all the kids get married because since they were babies I have been getting them a Hallmark ornament each year. As they get married (one child is) they are each taking their ornaments with them so there will not be a lot left to decorate the tree. So I have been coming up with some other ideas.
After the show and tell in our group our facilitator handed out these little kits.
Here is what we made. Notice the S on the buttons. I could have turned it over but I like the S for snowman.
Someone left a question about washing the crochet table cloth that I showed at Thanksgiving. I wash it in the machine on the delicate cycle with cold water and dry it with a cool cycle in the dryer. That might be the wrong way to care for the tablecloth but I know my mom had washed it for years like that. Maybe someone can leave a comment on how they would do it.
With Passion, Carrie P.
12 comments:
Hi Carrie, Beautiful Work, Just Beautiful, Hugs Mary
Your facilitator's quilt is gorgeous but your Christmas Tree skirt is stunning. I'm guessing you quilt and leave space for where you'll cut it. A family heirloom. Cute snowman!
I love your tree skirt. I am in the same situation that you are in. A great many of our ornaments and even decorations are actually my four children's, so when they get married those will all go with them! I guess I should start planning and making ornaments now...two of my children are in college and one more will be as of next fall!
Carrie, your moms gift box tree skirt is really cute. Very creative.
I adore your tree skirt. The pattern work on it is just fabulous.
Aloha!
Carrie,
I love your Christmas Tree Skirt, it is beautiful. Your tree skirt from your mother is a treasure, I'm sure you will find a nice home for it too. I have done the same thing with my tree ornaments. I love your wool ornament idea, because I love wool. When I get my gifts all done I think I will make some....
Your facilitators quilt is beautiful and I am sure even more so in person. Thanks for sharing.
hi carrie....looks like your halls are getting decked pretty good...your mom's tree skirt is so original....great idea....yours is going to be adorable too.......wish i had a design wall.....i've been meaning to get some white flannel to tack up...they sure are nice when it comes to designing ones project
Thanks for leaving a note about how you wash your tablecloth. I will make a note of that, and just get brave about using mine.
What a talent bunch you all are! Just beautiful!
We have done the same thing for our boys with the ornaments. Guess I need to be thinking right now about making ornaments to fill those spaces when they make families of their own.
Smiles,
Lea
Gorgeous quilts and the little snowman is so sweet!
~Kelli
B E A U T I F U L wool applique Carrie!! I bet it is just stunning in person!
That quilt is wonderful and your skirt will be stunning... too bad that it will be obscured with gifts! Ha!! Love little Frosty.
Amazing tree skirt!! Sweet little snowguy there :-)!
Post a Comment