Thursday, January 15, 2009

January 15, 2009

There are a lot of things going today in blogland. New BOM posted, the Winter Giveaway will be drawing names, and the deadline for the Time for Tea swap. The Red Delicious BOM is up and ready for you to go get. You might have noticed two more buttons on my sidebar. These are embroidery BOM and they are very pretty. So if you like to embroider go check them out.

This is going to be a short post because I am getting ready to go teach my beginner applique class but I have two pictures for you. I received some money for Christmas and I have been wanting these two books and finally got them.

Look at this quilt. It is my favorite in the book. (When the Cold Wind Blows)
And speaking of books, go check out Ginger's blog. She has 200 quilt books for sale. Maybe she has one you are looking for.

With Passion, Carrie P.

Shoot for the moon. If you miss, you'll still land among the stars. Anonymous

15 comments:

Sherri said...

Great books..."When the Cold Wind Blows" is on my wish list!

Karen said...

Both books look wonderful.

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Those books are going to be magic in your hands! Wish I could take that class with you.

Smiles,
Lea

Cindy said...

We love our books, don't we? Thanks for the links.

Abby and Stephanie said...

I've seen When the Cold Wind Blows on a few blogs now. When the NQA show is in Columbus there is a vendor with just about EVERY quilt book known to man...I love spending time in that booth! I usually go with a list of books I want to peek at.

Salem Stitcher said...

I just bought the same two books about a month ago. I loved them and especially THAT quilt.

Browndirtcottage said...

oh my carrie....these are wonderful...do you have plans for some of these...uh??

Deb said...

Carrie.. the quilt on the front is called love letters I will be starting that one I think in Mar. I also love the one that you are "tempted?"..LOL to do. They are excellent books.
Have fun with your applique class give us an update on all the news.
thanks for listing the 2 wonderful new links too..

Dawn said...

Both books look wonderful!!And thanks for pointing out the BOM's...I missed one! So thanks!

Patti said...

That is a beautiful quilt. Two of my friends are taking a BOM class that starts tomorrow in which they will make this quilt. They invited me to join, but I just can't start another new project right now. When I do something from this book, it will be applique quilt on the cover.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I marked the Red Delicious BOM on my calendar so did that first thing this morning, thanks for the reminder, though! Those new books of yours are full of beautiful, tempting, quilts; you'll really enjoy them!

Lindsey said...

What I wouldn't give to be in your beginner applique class. I can't wait to investigate all the new buttons.

Cheryl said...

Those books look wonderful. A girl can never have enough quilt books!!!

Janet said...

I've just discovered your blog and read through all the entries. wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed seeing your lovely work, especially all the applique which is also a passion of mine.

Amy said...

Miss Carrie,
You little trouble maker.You tell me about Gingers books and I buy 2.Shame on you.How many are you buying,LOL!