This block is from Blackbird Designs also. We are going to be working on this pattern next month. Our "fabulous facilitator" is making samples for us to see before we get started.
Here is another BOM that one of the ladies is getting from another shop. She does beautiful work too and she is keeping up which is always good when you are doing a BOM. This is from Blackbird Designs also.
With Passion, Carrie P.
Our greatest danger in life is in permitting the urgent to crowd out the important. Oliver Wendell Holmes
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
More from Last Wednesday
Today I thought I would share some more pictures from the applique group that I attend on the first Wednesday of the month. These pictures are from our "fabulous facilitator." The shop where we meet is going to sell these BOM kits. These house patterns are from Home Sweet Home by Blackbird Designs. Aren't they gorgeous?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
oh how i love the houses! just fabulous!
Oh Carrie, I ABSOLUTELY love these houses. Oh, how fun a quilt would be from these. I could "do" these houses...........that's how much I love them.
Love the houses Carrie. They are so cute!
Carrie.. I am also doing the Country sunshine quilt from BBD and I have the Home sweet home book on my to do list!!The blocks all look fabulous...I love BBD and will be starting one of the BOM Love letters the blocks as well are just gorgeous..
Some super eye candy keep it up the incentives are just grand..
I think my blog should also have been called a passion for applique...LOL.. just love it
LOVE the houses! Gorgeous! I do have an applique book or two and I just love looking at the pictures. :o)
I love the houses also...is the pattern in a book or a sell-alone pattern? I'm going to have to find it!
I adore everything the Blackbird Ladies have done - and I have every one of their quilting books. So far I finished one top - one of the many waiting to be quilted - and have traced templates for another - and that's it. I'm going to hand quilt Friendship Garden so it will take awhile to finish. All of these quilts you've shown are on my "want to do" list - as are most of the quilts in every book LOL!
I love the Home Sweet Home Book I am doing my first block. I only have the right side of the houe to finish. It is fun to do. Enjoy.
These blocks are so lovely! Your applique group looks like its full of talented ladies! I'm definitely going to have to scope out Blackbird Designs, as it appears they have some beautiful patterns.
Those are so pretty....and fabric so perfect!
I've been eying that book, Carrie - after seeing your work - it will be a definite buy! Wonderful houses!
Cheers!
I have a friend who would absolutely love these designs. Thank you so much for sharing them carrie.
SO much catching up to do. All of your blocks are comign along wonderfully.. but I am especially loving those Aunt Millie's Garden ones.
Oh,Carrie, those are beautiful! I vow not to miss the Christmas cottage exchange this year (if Nanette does one) and these are giving me great ideas. I love the prim feel to them. Thanks for starting my day with something lovely!
Those house blocks are WONDERFUL!! I have to admit it seems like the urgent is always crowding out my sewing time, what's important to ME... argghh!! I'll have to work on that. Thanks for the P.O'C. blog tip that yow passed along the other evening, you're right-- that was a great resource, love it!!
Drop dead gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing, Carrie! I have those house to make but I've lost them in my home. I can't find them anywhere. :-( Maybe while I'm doing my sorting they'll appear.
Oh how I love those houses!
Smiles,
Lea
Well, you know I love those appliqued blocks, and I LOVE Blackbird designs, so I love everything you have done! Isn't life GREAT? I feel so blessed and happy that I can sew everyday! Thanks for sharing, and I really loved your friends quilts, and yes, her blog name is cute!
Of course I love houses. And that 2nd one is my favorite of the ones you posted. It is so cheerful.
I especially like the applique on the sampler print.
Post a Comment