Thursday, January 8, 2009

Wednesday Applique Group

I have been busy this morning cooking. I made some banana blueberry muffins, brownies, and there are chicken enchiladas in the crockpot. A new recipe I am trying. My newly engaged son is coming over for dinner. So I thought I would make brownie sundaes for dessert. That guy can still put the food away.
Yesterday my Wednesday applique group met. After the group I just had to go in my sewing room and do just that. I had not been up there in two days. Anyway, I thought I would share some some and tell with you. These ladies in this group are so talented.



Here are two of the wall hangings finished. We were working on these last year. Remember I made a tree skirt. My resolution this year is to get it hand quilted for next Christmas. That is the only resolution I am making this year. The wall hanging with the pink border is wool and fabric. The other one is all wool.

This quilt is from a pattern called Southern Album by Kirsten Steiner. This lady actually made two of these and this is the second one. She made them for her daughter who will put them in a bedroom with twin beds. Three cheers for her.

These next two quilt tops were made by the same lady.
Look closely at this one and you will see hearts appliqued in the center of the starts.
I will share the rest tomorrow after I can get back from a out of town trip I am taking. I am going shopping. There is an event going on called the Quilting and Needle Arts Extravaganza. There are going to be 25 vendors in one place from all over this area selling their goods. It should be some fun shopping. I better go with a list and a budget or not.

With Passion, Carrie P.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. Mahatma Gandhi

10 comments:

Purple and Paisley said...

the applique you share is always so pretty...have a wonderful time on your shopping trip...budget or not!

Unknown said...

Those quilts are beautiful. Blueberry banana muffins, yummy.
Teresa

Abby and Stephanie said...

I suggest you make the list and forget the budget! Have fun and be sure to share your treasures. I can not imagine the lady making two of that album quilt! Beautiful.
I'd like to know how your crockpot enchiladas came out.

Dawn said...

Ohhh, the quilts are stunning! I agree with Stephanie...make the list and forget the budget! haha

Salem Stitcher said...

Great show and tell. I didn't do the wool applique project because I was so bogged down with other UFOs. Everyone's I've seen has been so different and they are all so beautiful.

Have fun at the Extravaganza. Maybe I'll run into you there today!

Cindy said...

I'm fairly new to the world of blogging but....

I found your blog - by accident - you know, one goes surfing for sewing and quilting and then you have no idea how you end up where....

But I wanted to post that I love your four legged family member. What a sweetheart. We have three Weimaraners (took me forever to learn to spell that....)

What a blessing our pets are to us.

Cindy said...

I love applique as well but I truly am a beginner at it. Oh, yes, I've done it for some time but near as beautiful as the quilts you share.

I also love to applique when I made garments, especially for our granddaughter.

Cindy said...

My post should have read "NOT NEAR AS beautiful".............LOL

Guess I'm NOT NEAR as good a blog poster either....LOL

I have more than one thing to work on........

Laura said...

I love your blog. I'm just now making my first ever applique block. I'm just muddling my way through, but it sorta looks like a bird anyway. I've seen that Kirsten Steiner quilt before. I think it's been in my local quilt shop, People, Places, and Quilts along with the pattern book.

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh my .... thats all I can think.

smiles,
Lea