.png)
Some of you have mentioned that you noticed my new banner. I thought today I would share the quilts that are in the stacked up in the picture.

This is my very first quilt. If you look hard you can see the bow tie pattern. I hand quilted this one too.

This quilt is actually a sample of a class I was going to teach for beginners but it did not make. It is from a pattern called Just Can't Cut It. Look close at the yellow fabric and you will see tea cups.

I think this was the first kit I ever bought. It is from a patten called Yellow Brick Road. I have made eight quilts from this pattern and have given them all away. If you need a quick pattern this one and the one above are very fast patterns to sew together.

This quilt is from Joann's craft and fabric store. It was one of their BOM. It was also one of my first attempts at applique. As you can see from these quilts I really like the combination of blue and yellow fabrics together. It is just such a cheery combination.
With Passion, Carrie P.
Don't look for one right answer. This keeps you form seeking less-obvious alternatives that might provide more creative solutions. Anonymous
21 comments:
i think almost every quilter begins with a yellow brick road! i did! beautiful stuff, carrie! ☺
I've made a "Just Can't Cut It" and a "Yellow Brick Road"...guess we all have!
Such nice quilts, Carrie. You always have wonderul eye-candy.
Lovely quilts Carrie. Blue and yellow are wonderful together.
I remember once going to a quilt exhibition of only blue and yellow quilts, it was bright and cheerful!
Well done, Carrie.
Your applique quilt is so pretty. Blue and yellow is a very nice combo. I did a kaleidoscope quilt in blues and yellows. Yes, The Yellow Brick Road...I've done a few and did keep one...all flannel, front and back...in blues and yellows. :o)
Blue and yellow are so "French Provincale Country". Whenever I see blue and yellow together, it reminds me of Quimperware China from France. There's just something about blue and yellow together that's so cheerful. Beautiful quilts Carrie and thanks for sharing them.
Blue and gold have a special place in my heart! Love the quilts and I'm impressed that these were some of your first quilts!
I've never done yellow brick road, I must be the exception,lol. I love the sight of a stack of finished quilts!
Carrie all your quilts are just so lovely....you are one talented lady.
Lovely quilt show! and I love the tea cup fabric! Nice treat.
Quick....favorite colors? Blue and yellow? Great show and share...I too made the Yellow Brick Road one. Since you gave all yours away you may have to find yourself some fabrics you just have to have and keep one for you!!
Looks like a bunch of us made the same "first quilts"!! I did too! In fact I made several...
I'm a big fan of blue and yellow, too. I have more of those two colors in my stash than anything else, I think! You do such beautiful work.
They are all beautiful. Your banner is so well done!
How fun to see the banner quilts up close and personal. Blue and yellow really do sing when put together, don't they? Thank you for the fun eye candy!
Can definitely see a favourite colour scheme in your quilts, Carrie! Just lovely!!
The banner is lovely and so are the quilts. I like applique, but don't actually do much. Thanks for sharing your quilts.
I love the quilting in your first one. Beautiful!
I have always loved blue and yellow together.. those are the colors I chose in my room when I was a girl. I had blue floral wallpaper, a blue shag rug and yellow curtains and lamp shade.
:-)
Thanks for showcasing your lovely quilts for us!
Beautiful quilts! Thank you for sharing them with us Carrie.
Beautiful quilts, Carrie - and you would never know the first one was your first quilt - your work is marvelous! Yellow Brick Road is definitely a fun quilt and I've used it a lot for giveaways - and I think a lot of us are drawn to the blue and yellow "happy" combination! Great work in "posing" them for your banner!
Cheers!
Post a Comment