Eileen and Nanette thought it would be fun to show off our Easter dresses so I thought I would participate. I don't have a lot of pictures of myself as a child but I found this one. It is a picture of a picture. Remember those so called magnetic photo albums? After 25 years of being in album the picture is glued in there forever. I am seven or eight years old in the picture. I am the one in the front middle with the big hair. What was my mom thinking? My brother is to the left of me and the smallest girl to left of him is my sister. The other four kids are my cousins. The adults are my grandparents. I loved spending time with my grandparents and I especially loved it when we would go to their house. My grandma's house always smelled so good and sometimes memories come rushing back when I smell certain odors. My grandma was the one who taught me how to do embroidery.
Lindsey at Five Healthy Hearts has tagged me and would like to know six things about me. Hence the title of the blog.
1. I was born in California, moved with my family to Florida when I was sixteen, and met my husband in our junior year of high school and got married the year after we graduated high school. Because I am from California my husband loves to tell people he married a "California girl." Remember the song by the Beach Boys, "I wish they all could be California girls!" Well, he got one. The funny thing is I never pictured myself as one of "those" girls. In my mind I categorize myself as a geek, dweeb, nerd, whatever you want to call them. That is really me but I will let my husband have his fantasy girl.
2. Maybe I could just call myself "Simple." That is the way I like things. I dress simply, my home is simple and comfortable. No lace or frills for me. I am just simple and down to earth.
3. I am so simple and down to earth that I love to pull weeds. Weird I know, maybe that is part of being a geek. It is soothing to me to be outside even if it is pulling weeds. And you know I love to play in the dirt and grow things.
4. Since I was a child I have had this dream to travel the whole United States of America in a camper. I have always wanted to have one of those stickers of the outline of the US on the side of my camper. As you travel through each state you visit you add a sticker to the outline. Some of you know what I am talking about if you like to camp.
5. Something I did for sixteen years was home school my children. It was hard sometimes but I have no regrets. And you know what, they are pretty good contributing members of society if I say so myself.
6. I am looking forward to being a grandma one day.
That is enough about me now I am supposed to tag some other people. I know a lot of you have been blogging for a while and have probably been tagged so I am going to tag two, sort of new bloggers. No obligation but if Sew Cindy and Mary on Lake Pulaski want to share it would be fun to know more about you.
With Passion, Carrie P.Life isn't about finding yourself...life is about creating yourself. George Bernard Shaw
ps Some have been saying that their comments are getting sent back. I have not changed any settings and I don't know what is going on. If someone knows, HELP!

22 comments:
Oh you are my kind of gal Carrie. I too love to pull weeds...I can't grow anything BUT weeds but that's ok, at least my dirt is weed free LOL.
Crispy
Well, I don't like to pull weeds - in fact I'll anything to avoid yard work. Yuck! LOL However I do consider myself very simple - just as you do. It's a good thing!
Carrie! Love knowing more about you. The weeds thing is funny. You're so talented in so many ways. I love the pic with the "big" hair. But remember - we slept on rollers and they did produce hair like that (along with hairspray). So cute. I love your picture thanks for sharing and playing along with us. I'm loving the nostalgia.
Oh you little cutie you and it was fun getting to know you better.
on a side note I tried to email a reply to you about me new fabric and it came bouncing back 3 times, I have had that problem before, I think your firewall does not like me!!
Love the picture. I have those kinds of albums too and you can't get the picture out without destroying it! Thanks for the interesting tidbits about you!
What were our mom's thinking when they "styled" our hair? Fun photo. I did NOT know you were a California girl. :o) Congrats on home schooling. I might have had to start drinking if I did that.
You really haven't changed much except for the hair. Same wonderful smile!
Sweet picture and story as well. Your husband is a lucky guy to have his dream girl.
I tend to be pretty good at pulling weeds too...not so good growing things but a good weed puller. I have my yard kind of empty at the moment...simplicity to the extreme...till I can have more time to take care of flowers I want to grow.
You all look so lovely in the photo. And YES.. I know all about those "magnet albums"! I have torn many a photo trying to remove them before. But your picture turned out really great. And I think your hair was quite stylish.. sort of a little Marlo Thomas flip that was very popular! Thanks so much for sharing one of your Easters with us. this is so much fun!
Fun reading about you too. :-) I know it's hard to think of things to tell about yourself.. but it is really nice every once in a while.. to get to know everyone better.
Loved your little girl at the end. :-).. do you know who it is?
Hi Carrie,
Just giving you a heads up that I'm beginning to play catch-up with blogs. You are at the top of the alphabet so you are first. I have 49 posts to read!!!! The first one is the picture of your pile of oranges for Pat Sloan's challenge that you posted on January 30th. I can't wait to see what you've been doing!
Carrie, thanks for sharing a bit of your history with us. My favorite part of the day is just after daybreak when the sun is just beginning to rise. I love to walk through the gardens while the dew is still on the flowers and pick weeds. Everything is so peaceful at that time of the morning...just me, the birds and the crickets. Isn't life grand!
I love the photo, I could have picked you out. Seriously, I'm offering again on the weeds! :)
What a fun post, Carrie! And the picture is adorable - beautiful children all! I hope your hear the pitter patter of tiny feet again with grandchildren - soon!
Cheers!
What a fun post!! Getting to know you better...how fun! I don't like to pull weeds. We have more weeds in Nevada than anything else..so I just grow weeds!!
Very well done! California girl, huh? I never would have guessed that...how about if I add #7 for you... - I'm an unbelievable applique quilter..
I love the whole camper thing...I've never seen that but sounds like something I'd aspire to...Weeds...now that's my husband...
Thanks for playing...it was fun to know a tad more!
I love your cute picture. Its so fun to look back isn't it.
Great picture! It's also wonderful getting to learn a little more about you. I've always had a secret dream of traveling about in an RV too... ever since a trip my family took to Yellowstone when I was 6 (my one and only RV trip so far). I just think it would be such a fun way to experience the country.
Thanks for sharing your sweet picture. Wasn't this fun? I had fun going down memory lane. The big hair was "in" back then!!
I love your photo...you know, my mom always liked to do my hair like that...I cried each time! Thanks for the recall of that memory...loved it.
What a fun photo! A lot of my childhood photos were stored in those albums too. Have a great Easter.
I love learning about fellow-bloggers, Carrie. I am with you on #2, no lace or frills for me. I am a very simple individual with no need for ruffles. The only "material" things I'm into is "material" itself, LOL. I don't need "in" fashions or top of the line styles - well, unless it's a new sewing machine...LOL
I remember those photo albums! Cute photo...happy Easter!
Post a Comment