Quilters are some of the most generous peopleI know. Yesterday a box came in the mail that I was not expecting. I recognized the address and inside the box were these lovely Civil War fabrics. As many of you know I have joined the Sig Swap going on at
Melissa's which uses Civil War fabrics. As I was conversing with
Sue through emails I mentioned that I did not have any Civil War fabrics and would be going shopping for some fabric. Well, I got to shop right from that box. Look at these lovely fabrics. Oh,I will take them all! A HUGE THANK YOU to Sue and a GREAT BIG HUG. You have blessed me.
As I was reading my Mary Jane's Farm magazine yesterday I came across this article. The title was Knit for a Cause. I thought about all you quilters who knit and crochet along with making beautiful quilts. Here is a great idea to use all those leftovers of yarn from your projects. You knit or crochet a 7" x 9" section to be joined with other sections to be made into blankets for those in need. You can work individually or as a group to make the sections. You can read more about Warm Up America on their
website.
I have added some more blogs to my list. They are all pretty new to blogging so when you have a chance, go over to their blog and welcome them.
Gwendie,
Juliann, and
Miriam.
I am off to my applique bee this morning. I should have some great show and tell for tomorrow.
With Passion.
Carrie P.
Some people pursue happiness, others create it.
22 comments:
What a generous box and pretty fabrics. I see the signature block swap has lots of participants.
Quilters are the most generous and kind I know... the fabrics are beautiful!!! :o)
I am drooling over the stack of fabric. What a great person to send you all of that. It makes me love my hobby more.
What a generous gift from your friend, nice assortment for your swap blocks. I will peep at the new blogs, you have a good day with your group.
What a wonderful selection of civil war fabrics! You are very lucky to have such a special friendship with Sue!
Congratulations Carrie. Those fabrics will be delightful in your blocks.
Wow...goodies galore! Lots of
busy-ness going on over here...I got so behind but enjoyed getting caught up this morning. I'm so glad to see your 'limbs' must be
all healed up for all the lovely stitching going on!
Quilters are so generous and kind. What a wonderful rainbow of colors and fabrics. I cannot wait to receive one of your siggies!!
Thank for the new blog links.
What a precious friend to send you those! Can't wait to see what you make.
How generous of your friend! Civil War fabrics are a favorite of mine - I can't wait to see how you use them!
Cheers!
Hi Carrie - Thank you so much for mentioning my blog! Even though I don't comment often, I always read yours.
What a great friend to send the box of those beautiful fabrics! You'll have fun making the blocks with them.
Gwendie
How wonderful of Sue. Very nice fabrics. I have made knit squares for warm up America. Worthy cause.
Looking foward to your Bee pics
Your civil war fabrics are beautiful! What a nice box to get in the mail.
melissa
Thanks for mentioning my blog. I have just begun to look at yours and have a few new sites to check too. I have been knitting caps for a cure this year - I am trying to do one cap a month but I guess now that I think about it, I am a month behind so I better get out my needles.
Gorgeous, gorgeous fabrics, I am so glad for you!
Very pretty! It is such a blessing to have good friends like that. :)
Carrie beautiful fabrics and what a generous gift....and yes quilters are always so very generous.
Hi Carrie--what a pretty assortment of civil war fabrics for the Sig block swap--wonder which one I will get????? Happy stitching--hugs, just, Di
What a lovely surprise and very generous.
I look forward to your group photos, such talented ladies!!
Crispy
Lovely fabarics! How nice of Sue!
That's a wonderful gift, I bet you'll treasure those pieces.
Wonderful fabrics, Carrie. Can't wait to see what you create with them!
Post a Comment