Saturday, October 31, 2009

Applique Bee

My applique bee met for the last time this year and I just wanted to share some of their AMG blocks and some of their quilts. Enjoy! Check out Pam's and Lena's AMG blocks too.
The blocks with the blue background were made by Ellen H.
These three blocks were made by Beverly.
Look how many beautiful blocks Jane got done this year.
These red ones were made by Shelia.
Yeah for Patti! She got all her blocks and borders done. When I talked to her last she had the top put together. The goal was to get 12 blocks done and she did it and more. You go girl!
Look at this lovely top made by Suzie. Check out the close up to see her ruched flowers.
These last three quilts were made by Ellen F. Great quilts Ellen.

This year I was trying to do the Red Delicious BOM. I got way behind but I would still go over and read Esther's blog. She does fabulous work and I won a giveaway on her blog. I don't have anything to show because it was a fabulous PDF file for a stenciled quilt pattern. You can see a picture of it here. Thanks Esther!

With Passion,
Carrie P.

We can do no great things-only small things with great love. Mother Teresa

30 comments:

Robin said...

Wow! All of those AMG blocks are just beautiful! Such wonderful inspiration.

Shakerwood said...

What beautiful work they all do. I just love Patti's choice of colors. I would love to see that one finished and in person! Uhmmm... (whispering) where is yours?

Karen said...

Wow! Your applique friends do beautiful work. The black background on the one makes the flowers stand out. I would have a hard time picking a favorite from any of the projects, though.

Darlene said...

I love when you share what your talented friends do- these are stunning! AMG is on my 'someday' list, as you well know LOL Maybe next year - sigh!

Rosa said...

wow.all these blocks are so nice..I`d like be there and improve my aplique skills.

Anonymous said...

.....and where is yours? Did I miss it? You all are equally very talented when it comes to applique. I see gorgeousness! Can that be a word? Anyway....applause coming from the hollow and enjoy your Hallo's eve!

Sherri said...

These are all so gorgeous! I always enjoy seeing the gorgeous applique you share with us!

Marj said...

Once again your Bee Ladies are amazing. Those AMG blocks are gorgeous. Do you think that they could be done as wool applique?
Thanks for sharing with us.

Purple Pam said...

Oh, such beautiful projects. What a talented group. I love all the AMG blocks. They really inspire me to get busy on another block. Patti's blocks and borders are super. Suzie's Baltimore style quilt is so beautiful. I like how she used the fabric in her blocks. Well done. Lena's blocks were wonderful as well. Congratulations to everyone in the group.

Thank you, Carrie, for sharing these beautiful pictures.

Crispy said...

Oh Carrie I just drool over your group's works. Such lovely quilts/blocks. Darn no more show n tell for a while...bummer.

Crispy

Kaaren said...

What a great group of talented ladies. Their work is stunning and an inspiration to all of us who enjoy needleturn applique.

Thanks for sharing, Carrie.

Cindy said...

What comes out of your gatherings is just truly amazing.

My favorite is the Angels with halos. I like the simplicity of it along with the heart-warming message.....angels among us.

Thank you, Carrie. Looking at this particular quilt today made my heart smile.

Sewing hugs and blessings...always.

Rumi said...

Every block is stunning! Lots of talent in your group!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Wow. Gorgeous Aunt Millie blocks. The aqua background on the first one is amazing.

Happy Halloween!

Janet said...

I love all the AMG blocks, it would be hard to pick a favourite. I enjoyed seeing the works of your wonderful group.

Karen said...

Your applique group does gorgeous work! I'm very envious! I keep hoping one of these days I will get myself back into doing an applique piece. Even just a small one...

Allie said...

Beautiful blocks and quilts, you have an amazing group!

Kim D. said...

Your group does beautiful work!! I love applique.

Betsy said...

Carrie you are blessed to be around such talented people

LeKaQuilt said...

Your quilting group made so beutiful AMG blocks, and quilts - thank you for sharing!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Carrie, fantastic show and tell...

Susan said...

So much talent here encourages me to keep practicing. Thanks for sharing.

MamaT said...

They're all beautiful!

M and M plus 3 said...

Holy Cow that is some kind of wonderful show you put on here! Wished I could be a part of your guild.

I'm about an hour away from finishing my AMG block from Oct. I didn't get mine finished in time because I went to the Des Moines Quilt Expo this past week. There were several AMG quilts there.

Beth Karese said...

All that applique is stunning! How lucky to be part of that talented group!

(Carrie, I'm catching up on my blogs... your Sweet Nostalgia block looks great1 I like the crayon touch. I'm curious, how much did you reduce it?)
Beth

Deb said...

what a beautiful garden of Aunt Mille's blocks all them are exceptional!! it is amazing what the different backgrounds due for the quilt.
We have an overachiever with the boarders and all completed!! wow.
Thanks for brining us into your Applique sessions love viewing what everyone has done!!

Eileen said...

It just absolutely amazes me that people can appliqué so perfectly and beautifully. Wow. Thanks for sharing all the beauties with us from your meeting!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Blocks! Thanks for sharing.

Nanette Merrill said...

This packs an incredible amount of talent and time into this post!

Comfort Cove Designs said...

What GORGEOUS applique work these girls did!! What a great group to be involved in! I love to applique, especially by hand. I would love to take up a big applique project, but first I need to complete a few UFOs to make room for new projects!!!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea