I am sad to say that this another beautiful quilt I have acquired from Lottie, my husband's grandma, and I know nothing about it. I feel like it is from the 30's just because of the fabrics but I am not a quilt historian so I can't be sure. As you can see the fabrics are still bight and cheery. Enjoy!





Yesterday when I showed the double knit quilt
Crispy shared the name of the block with me and a
site with a pattern just in case you would like to reproduce the block. It is called Amish Dahlia. Maybe one day I will make a cotton version of my quilt.
With Passion,
Carrie P.
If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right. Mary Kay Ash
24 comments:
Simply another treasure...thanks for sharing!
what a gorgeous quilt...and so many different fabrics! wow...what a treasure! ☺
Another Treasure Carrie
Crispy
Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful quilts! You're so blessed to have them!
I love them all, Carrie but this is my favorite. Red, white and stars...my favorites all wrapped up into one quilt.
You are lucky indeed to have these as a part of your heritage.
Carrie, I love this quilt you are so fortunate to have it. I checked in Barbara Brackman's Encyclopedia and could not locate the block, but I would love to reproduce a quilt with this block. Do I have your permission?
http://quiltsandotherhobbies.blogspot.com
I have never seen the stars dissapear into triangles like that...neat
Oh.. I love this quilt and its colours and the pattern....:o) A real treasure!!!!
It's beautiful!!
Another lovely old quilt Carrie! Thanks for sharing these treasures with us. What a wonderful variety of fabrics.
Another great quilt! Lucky you!
Carrie she did beautiful work. Did she hand stitch them?
Another beautiful quilt.
Thank you for the link to that pattern (thank you Crispy too!) :)
These quilts lend themselves to such calm as I look at them...you are so blessed to own such a legacy, Carrie. :-)
Another beauty. Love the close-up of the old fabrics.
Another awesome quilt Carrie - you are very blessed!
I've never seen that pattern before. Pretty!
Just when I thought I had seen every traditional pieced pattern...
...that is really quite lovely and in such good condition. Lucky you!
Thanks for sharing it!
In stitches,
Teresa :o)
WOW! That is gorgeous! I've never seen that pattern. I LOVE it!
You are so lucky to have such treasures! I only have one family quilt-- a grandmother's flower garden made by my great-aunt Gertie... and I'm afraid I have worn it to pieces (but it has been well-loved!).
The star pattern is gorgeous in this one. Love it!
This one is beautiful as well, great to see the fabrics up close. Thank you for sharing it.
Luckie duckie!!
That fabric is wonderful. It looks similar to her other quilt too. She has a distinctive style just like each of us.
Your grandmother did such beautiful work!
'o) Wendy B
Post a Comment