Monday, December 7, 2009

Watching TV

My daughter and I have a Christmas tradition. We like to take some time to watch the movie "White Christmas." So Saturday night as we were watching it I decided to work on the November block from Crabapple Hill. Very quick work.

Sunday night while watching the final show of Amazing Race I worked on making binding for another Christmas quilt. I'll show it when I finish.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

May you have warmth in your igloo, oil in your lamp, and peace in your heart. Eskimo Proverb

17 comments:

Betsy said...

Great block Carrie. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Sewing and family - what can be better? Cute little heart!

Anonymous said...

Had no idea you watched Amazing Race?! Were you pleased with the winners...thankful perhaps? Hee
Sweet stitchery Carrie.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Did you scream with delight at the end of the Amazing Race, my daughter and I sure did!!
Your work is so lovely and a special time with you daughter.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Busy hands, happy heart. I've watched White Christmas every years since I was very young. My sister and I always used to sing the "Sisters" song together. :o)

Cindy said...

Oh goodness, I AM a WHTIE CHRISTMAS lover too. I watch it every year without fail. Who doesn't love when Bing sings it?

You're the originator I think of Sneak Peaks.......I love them.

Beautiful block, Carrie. You mean you actually got this entirely done while watching Bing?

Crispy said...

I love Christmas movie traditions. We always watch A Christmas Story, it cracks me up every time and also Scrooge with Alstair Sims. Darn, I couldn't see around the corner in the picture to get a peek at the quilt. I guess I have to wait LOL.

Crispy

Dawn said...

Family traditions are the best! "White Christmas" is a family favorite for us too.

WoolenSails said...

I was bad, I just watched the race without working on anything;)

Debbie

Lynn said...

Such a pretty block. I haven't seen White Christmas in years. But I did sit down to sew a binding on last night while watching the food network. In front of the woodstove and promptly feel asleep for 2 hours!!! and got nothing done. I blame it on the woodstove - too cozy.

Carol said...

Oh we were so happy with the result of the Race...but I hate to see it end...what are we going to do on Sunday nights now? What a pretty block.

Stina Blomgren said...

Don´t think I know the movie (was it a movie?) White Christmas..hmmm... no.. cant recall...
Love the crabapple block... pretty!!! :o)

Browndirtcottage said...

I LOVE 'White Christmas'...along
with A Christmas Story and Rudolph
The Rednosed Reindeer.....great
shows for doing handwork....I'll be waiting to see your finished
project there!

Nanette Merrill said...

That is funny because I watched it too Carrie. Twice! It played back to back and I couldn't stop myself. I was working in my sewing room so I wasn't "watching" closely but I loved every moment.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

We shall start our Christmas movie watching in the next day or so...lots of fun to follow that tradition each year, and like you I get to stitch while I listen and occasionally lift my head for the good parts. ;-)
Black and white quilt looks VERY nice!! I have my own stash of black and white ready to make a quilt, just deciding on the final layout. All I need then is some extra time from Santa for Christmas!
Hugs
Jenny

MamaT said...

We always watch White Christmas, too. Last year in costume. It was loads of fun. We started the season a couple of nights ago with "Christmas in Connecticut". It could become a new tradition.

Robin said...

I really enjoy stitching while watching television. It's so relaxing for me, and is much more social than holing up in my crafty room.

Your stitchery is lovley, and I can't wait to see the Christmas quilt (that b&w border print is so cool!).