I have finally finished all the embroidery blocks from
Jenny's Shabby Roses pattern. I am busy cutting out the sashings and hope to start sewing today.

I have cut out the pieces for the next block from
Linen Closets Quilts blog. I better get a move on because the next block will be out soon.

I found some bias already made for the stems on this roll I keep left overs on. Pretty convenient. I never throw any bias away. You never know when you might need some.

I wanted to share a giveaway with you all.
Christine has made a one of a kind Gratitude journal. If you are the kind of girl who likes to write her thoughts down go check it out.
With Passion,
Carrie P.
I can not count my day complete, til needle, thread, and fabric meet.
Author Unknown
24 comments:
Lots of fun happening here today. Enjoy!
I used to toss my leftover bindings...now I save them. They have their own special bin. I love the darker colors you used on Jenny's stitchery.
Beautiful embroidery. Carrie!
And what a great way to save bias strips!
Hi Carrie, Can't wait to see the finish project. I keep all my leftover bindings since I cut them at 2.5" if they are to short ,I press them out and cut them to a 2.5" square.
Looks like you and I are both a little biased today! Nice to see how you keep all your bias leftovers. Guess they come in handy!
Perfect little saying today. Maybe I'll claim to be "author unknown."
I love the way you save your bias tape! I'm inspired to do that with mine! Thanks for the idea!
Whoo hoo....Can't wait to see your Shabby Roses together..It makes me want to start mine..Must finish off "Country Roses first..Oh and your idea with the binding is great..I now know what to do with all mine..Thanks heaps..Cheers :-)
Thanks Carrie for posting about my giveaway. Hey love the tip for storing those left over bias strips. I need to get off the computer and back into my sewing room to finish you that last few pieces of applique on my quilt. I am so close to finishing.
Oh Carrie I love the colors you've chosen for Jenny's quilt - wow. I can't wait to see it finished.
Your roll is a good idea for keeping bias, mine gets all tangled in my drawer, lol.
Nice way to organize your bindings. I keep mine but not as neatly as you. Lovely fabrics for the quilt. Can't wait to see it finished.
Your embroidery block looks lovely. I'll look forward to seeing them all in a top. I have to admit I throw out my left over bias strips if they are small.
I saved those patterns from Jenny, don't know when I'll ever do them but I look forward to seeing yours all put together :0)
I'm a bias saver too, sure has come in handy sometimes.
Crispy
Carrie,
Love the suggestion to save even small strips of bias for future!
I saw somewhere (forget where) someone used one of those pool toys that is a sponge tube as a bias roll. That way you can stick pins in it to hold the bias in place. Might work better than the cardboard. Just an idea.
Great idea for bias strips. I'll have to copy you, instead of throwing them into a box.
Love the shabby roses embroidery! Your next project looks like it will be awesome too!
Lovely works in progress. I too have been saving my bias leftovers. It's a good thing! :)
It takes forever to put together patchwork binding but I love it. And I love keeping my bindings from quilts to use it for patchwork binding. Good way to keep it.
So smart to keep the extra bias on the roll like that. I can't wait to see your Shabby Roses blocks put together. They are going to make a beautiful quilt!
I'm saving those Shabby roses for a later date, yeah right.. LOL Thanks for the link to the other project, looks beautiful. I may have to follow along. I'm like you I save my bindings on a paper towel roll, they do come in handy. Love the quote.
OO lots going on. Good luck with your block finishing on time.
You are such a busy stitcher today. All are great looking "in progress" projects.
Thanks for the great idea for leftover bias strips. I am going to borrow it. Your stitchery is very pretty.
What a great way to keep extra bias pieces, Carrie! You've been very busy!
Cheers!
Carrie, I'm so excited to see your quilt finished...I love what you have shown!!
Post a Comment