Friday, December 3, 2010

Applique Group Show and Tell

Look what I made in our Applique group this past Wednesday? A little candle mat. Isn't it cute? The noses of the snowmen are beads. Some of the ladies embroidered them on instead of using the beads. One of the ladies in the group brought each of us a candle and holder too. It is hard to tell in the picture but she did the etching technique on each one too.
I also made bacon and onion soup for dinner last night. My first time making an onion soup.
It was so easy and good too. I think I will be making lots of soup this next week. It is supposed to be very cold in North Carolina.
Just thought I would share some show and tell from the group. Carolyn has been very busy as you can see. The next four photos are her projects.




This quilt was made by Paula who also brought us the candle holder. Thanks Paula. This will be a surprise quilt for her grandson's kindergarten teacher.
With Passion,
Carrie P.

Advent reading for today is Genesis 15:1-6.

20 comments:

Yvette said...

You always have such great things posted here. I especially love the candle mat! I ordered a few patterns this past week and can't wait to get my hands on them.

Kim D. said...

Your candle mat is adorable, I heart snowmen. Your homemade soup looks yummy.

Marie said...

I love onion soup - D#1 makes it and I could it the whole thing. Thanks for sharing the photos - I like the 'love u' quilt.

Stay warm!

Hugs - Marie

Linda said...

Love all the show and tell. Great eye candy. I posted a wool candle mat today too. Too funny. I love yours! Would make a great gift.

Darlene said...

Adorable candlemat - perfect for gifts for friends.

Lots of talent in that group.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Love your candle mat Carrie!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Super cute snowman candle mat. The beaded noses are very clever. Your soup looks very yummy. Isn't everything better with bacon?

Raewyn said...

The soup sounds yummy, and what a cute candlemat. It's nice to see what your group has been up to.

LuAnn said...

I like your candle mat. The kindergarten teacher will just love that quilt, too.

Crispy said...

Cute candle mat!! Love the Love U quilt, perfect for some lucky little girl :0)

Crispy

grammie g said...

Hi Carrie...I love that candle mat..I like snowmen..really cute!!
Christmas is coming to fast!!

marina said...

gorgeous candle mat Carrie!
Those quilts and block are beautiful too. I love the alphabet 'love u' one.

Toni said...

mmm onion soup...yummy!!

Your sewing bee has been very busy! :)

Allie said...

That candle mat is too darling - so simple but SO effective! I love the beads.

Onion soup - hm - it sounds almost good, lol. And really good for this weather. I bet we're colder - Sam had icicles in his hair coming out to the car after swimming yesterday! I love the tree quilt, that is too darling - no wonder you do so many sweet projects with all that inspiration around you, Carrie!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Oh Carrie, I really like your candle mat! What a lovely idea for gifts! :-)

Karen said...

Your snowman mat is so cute. Would be an easy to do with a small group. Good for January too.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Cute snowmen! I never would have thought of using a bead but it adds pizzazz. :) I love onion soup but never made it. I'm thinking of Mexican soup tomorrow...hubby loves it. blessings, marlene

Paula said...

I just love your snowman candle mat, it is so adorable. I keep all my snowmen out until the end of January, they aren't just for Christmas.

You should enter this into my sewing challenge blog here at, Paula's Sewing Challenges, and you could win a little something, something.

Hope to see you there soon.
Cheers,
Paula

Janet said...

The mat is adorable, it looks great with the candle. I used to make French Onion soup a lot years ago, I had forgotton about it. The show and tell is always wonderful to see, thanks for sharing once again.

Cindy said...

Carrie, I always so enjoy your "show and tell" posts. There are so many talents out there.

Your candlemat is just adorable. I love the candlemats and mug rugs that I'm seeing in blogland lately.