Thursday, December 9, 2010

Birdhouse Ornament

This past summer Stephanie attended a quilt show and she saw this little patten and thought of me. Thank you Stephanie. The pattern comes pre-stamped and colored ready for you to do the embroidery. I made mine and found another one at my local quilt shop, embroidered it and now it is on it's way to a friend for Christmas.
You can see more at Chickadee Hollow Designs. I just went to the site and saw that she is offering 20% off everything in the store through Dec. 10. Just in case you are interested.
I'll announce the winner of my giveaway in the morning, so stay tuned. (giveaway mentioned in yesterday's post)

With Passion,
Carrie P.

Advent reading--Malachi 3:1-6

29 comments:

Marie said...

I absolutely love my ornament. It is so you and just perfect. The fat quarter wasn't bad either.

Thank you!

Hugs - Marie

Linda said...

Very pretty! Delicate and sweet. I love it!

Chookyblue...... said...

wow I just got one from Nancy my SSCS partner.....the heart..........it is gorgeous........I just posted it on my blog.....

Chookyblue...... said...

oh and I love yours too.......I have never heard of them before...

Abby and Stephanie said...

It really turned out very sweet. Glad you like it. :o) I love it again the snowy tree.

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute!

Char said...

That's beautiful. I just love the embroidery you do.

Michelle said...

Just so dainty and delightful!

Loris said...

Very sweet! Your friend will love it!

sunny said...

Beautiful! I'm off to check out the link right now. Thanks for sharing.

Teresa Rawson said...

That is absolutely gorgeous...and I love your photo with the snow!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Yvette said...

I love that ornament. I am off to take a look at the site. Thanks!

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful ornament. I am using mostly cloth ornies this year, my cats will destroy anything else.

Debbie

Kelly said...

I just came to your site through Grammie's site. This Birdhouse Ornament is so cute. I'm going to send my mom over to your blog too. She's very good at embroidery and applique and will love it!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I bought two of those ornaments and my daughter swiped them and stitched them up. I'll have to show the one I got to keep. Yours is very cute.

Allie said...

Carrie that is absolutely darling!!

Miriam said...

That is a gorgeous ornament!
Thank you for the link. There are lots of lovely designs there!

Love your photo with the snow!

Simone de Klerk said...

How sweet and special of Stephanie to think of you. It is beautiful. Off to see the site. I never heard of it!

Lynn said...

Sorry I didn't get one when I saw them at ETC. But thanks for the link! Yours is so pretty!

Rumi said...

Very sweet birdhouse ornament! Love it! That Stephanie is always so thoughtful.

Crispy said...

Cute ornament :0)

Crispy

Unknown said...

beautiful

KaHolly said...

Carrie, your friend LOVES her ornament!! Thanks so much. Funny I didn't spot this post before the mailman delivered yesterday! I have been trying to stay off the computer because it is such a distraction and I haven't been accomplishing as much as I'd like. Again, thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. ~karen

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your birdhouse stitchery ornament turned out Gorgeous!
Thank you so much for sharing a link to the site!

Karen said...

That is very sweet! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas Carrie!

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

How sweet!

Marit Johanne said...

I love this bird house ornament, so cute!
I visited the link to the on-line store and there was so many beautiful patterns! I will check it out later if they send to Norway.

Yvette said...

Hi Carrie!
I got a couple of these ornaments in the mail yesterday and had a question on how you made it.

Did you embroider it with the batting like it said? How did you add a backing? I guess I am ornament challenged. LOL!

Robin said...

Such a sweet ornament!