Monday, July 25, 2011

Old Meets New

Remember when I was pinning and pondering in this post? As you can see I finally figured out how to quilt this table runner. Look close and you can see the quilt design which is diamonds. According to the book, the design is something that quilters might have done in 1810-1830. Who knew? The fabrics are all from the new line called Prince Charming by Tula Pink. I did the hexagons first. Then I appliqued them onto the borders which I trimmed to width I liked when I finished quilting.
Still pondering the other quilt from the same post. Maybe next week something will come to me.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

21 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

A very charming table runner!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Simply grand!

KaHolly said...

I love how it came out. You made a great choice.

Betsy said...

Looks great Carrie.

Salem Stitcher said...

I love that! I have some of the Prince Charming fabrics left over from another project. This gives me an idea of what to do with them!

FlourishingPalms said...

It's really pretty! I haven't liked the Prince Charming prints I've seen, but what you made with them is beautiful.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

What a beautiful table runner Carrie! It looks perfectly quilted.

Linda said...

Gorgeous! The diagonal quilting is perfect!

M and M plus 3 said...

Beautiful runner, fabric and quilting!

Allie said...

Lovely, Carrie - the border and quilting look so perfect with the hexagons!

marina said...

It looks beautiful. I love hexies!

Crispy said...

What a great table runner Carrie!! I really really love the diamond quilt pattern and is one that I will have to remember. It has a great impact.

Crispy

Ivory Spring said...

Beautiful colors, Carrie!!

Brandie said...

That's the way I work. I just think and think and mark and unmark. It all works out in the end. You learn something every time. The runner looks beautiful!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your table runner turned out wonderful! I love that charming fabric line you used too.

Teresa Rawson said...

LOVE the elegant table runner...nice finish!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Kathleen said...

Beautiful runner and quilting. Love the coloration too.

Doris said...

I think that is really interesting. So much of what we think is modern quilting today, really is not that modern... well, at least it was modern in 1810 as well!

I really do like this runner. Fun colors and design.

Simone de Klerk said...

Beautiful tablerunner. Great colors and quilting.

Robin said...

What a lovely runner! Those Prince Charming prints are fabulous. And the diamond quilting really looks snazzy. That would have never occurred to me for hexagons, but it works so well!

Chookyblue...... said...

love the runner..........very nice.........