Tuesday, November 29, 2011

2011Christmas Quilt Show


I thought I would enter a quilt in SewCalGal's 2011 Christmas Quilt Show. You still have time to enter your quilt too. I have been visiting some of the links and there are some really fabulous entries.
My entry is a wall hanging that I made for my mom in 2009. It was a free embroidery BOM from Gail Pan. It was a fun project to work on. My mom keeps it hanging all year in her sewing room.

I pulled out some Christmas decorations this morning but have not really started putting them in their places. I also did get to do some sewing today. I will be prepping some more leaves for my Hop To It block while I watch TV tonight. Tomorrow I plan to do some Christmas shopping. Got lists from the kids. Maybe I can find some deals!

With Passion,
Carrie P.

51 comments:

Wilma Lee said...

I love all your appliqué!!

Joanna said...

I think I would keep this quilt up all year too. It's a beautiful pattern and nicely done.

Ivory Spring said...

That is such a sweet sweet quilt, Carrie!

Calicojoan said...

Just precious. You have quite a treasure there!

Sharon said...

Such a sweet quilt, Carrie! I don't blame your mom for keeping it up all year. :) I haven't gotten our Christmas decorations out yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Sandy said...

I love it!=)

Sue Daurio said...

how nice, I would keep it up as well!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

lovely work

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This was a fun pattern from Gail. I think it should be a year round quilt with such inspiration. Nicely done.

Lesley said...

Lovely quilt! Your Mom is a lucky lady to have this quilt hanging in her sewing room all year long!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I'm sure your Mom loves this beautiful wall hanging Jocelyn! Nice work!

Linda said...

I'd keep it up all year long too. It's gorgeous! Plus, you can totally get away with it with quilts. :-)

Lynn said...

Love the quilt, that was such a pretty pattern, I love the fabrics you've used. Yours looks so warm and happy. I'm off to do Christmas shopping tomorrow also, I'm usually almost finished by now and this year I've not even started. Panic time

Janet said...

Lovely colours! Is this "free" machine embroidery or by hand?

Gail said...

nice!!! such a thrill to see!!!

Karen said...

I really enjoy Gail Pan's patterns. Your quilt looks great. Lovely stitching.

Allie said...

So lovely! I still have that one saved, oh so many projects and never enough time. I hope you find some great deals, Carrie! It's snowing here, I'm staying in. *G*

Teresa F. said...

Lovely quilt. I love Gail Pan's patterns. I've done a similar quilt last year. I hang it on my living-room during Xmas season.

Becky G said...

A sweet & lovely wall hanging. I love the thought of sewing through the generations. A love of handwork runs through both sides of my family. I like to think it is in our genes... Generations of busy, contented hands. Peace, b

Snoodles said...

That's so pretty - I would leave it up all year round, too!

Nima said...

that's lovely quilt

Sandra Kaye said...

Thank you so much for sharing, great job!! Hugs

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! :)

May Britt said...

It is a wonderful quilt :)

Anonymous said...

Love it of course! I can't play yet as all my decor is stuck in boxes in the basement. I've got to get this place decorated but it is hard with the agent tells you to make rooms look bigger! We are having an agent open house on the 13th...should be interesting.
I think I just about finished up shopping today...now for wrapping!

Kim D. said...

Very pretty quilt Carrie! It's understandable why your mom would want it hung all year round. I have this adorable pattern too, someday I'll get to it.

Needled Mom said...

Nicely done. Very pretty.

Paula, the quilter said...

I made this design, but put it together as a table runner. Because it needed another block, I ended up designing one myself. It's a freebie on my blog. Your's is very nice. Wasn't it a fun BOM to do?

Christine M said...

I've been known to keep Christmas quilts up all year round too! Lovely quilt.

Lynette said...

very nice :)

sew.darn.quilt said...

Just lovely

Carolyn

Michele said...

Adorable wall hanging! I love that it is up year round.

Denise in PA said...

I love it Carrie! I made this too, but don't think I quilted it yet. I'll to dig mine out!

QuiltSue said...

I can quite understand why your mother keeps that hanging all year.

Nanbon44 said...

great job on this lovely wall hanging

Mary said...

I like the Gail Pan stitchery too

Mary said...

I thought I was seeing double... I think there is another one of these in the Quilt Show! I made some as Ornaments for an exchange.

Linda in Arkansas said...

Carrie, you do the most beautiful work. You really have a wonderful talent.

Judi said...

nice work!

Jen said...

Very pretty!

Julimond said...

I love your embroidery so much

Rachel said...

Fantastic quilt. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Laurel said...

those are christmasy words in each block, right? lovely!

maggie said...

Really lovely embroidery! Great work.

Jocelyn said...

Very lovely.

Karen O said...

Nice job. Great that your Mom like it so much.

michele said...

Very pretty! Thank you for sharing it!

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

What a great gift for your mom! :o) Beautiful.

Barb N said...

That's neat that your mom likes this so much she keeps it up all year round - awesome!

Robin said...

I just love this quilt! The sentiments are just perfect for the holiday season, the embroidery is lovely, and I love the simple setting that really showcases it all.

Unknown said...

Like this alot.
SallyKingemail@gmail.com