Thursday, November 3, 2011

Linnea's Almanac





My completed book cover. Isn't Linnea cute? Many of you guessed the correct book which is Linnea's Almanac. Sandi wins the thread, fat quarter and punch needle. Cottonreel wins the towel. Congratulations Ladies. I have sent an email to you. Thanks everyone for playing along.
I am going to frame my embroidery and give it to my daughter for Christmas.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

29 comments:

Janet said...

Carrie it's lovely!! Your embroidery is so beautiful. I love the bird and those acorns are marvelous.

Jocelyn said...

The embroidery is lovely. Great choice.

Brandie said...

This is too cute! Great job! Love it!

Abby and Stephanie said...

That is the cutest little thing I've seen in ages.

Unknown said...

wow, that looks great

Sandi said...

You did a lovely job on the book Carrie.

Your bird, bee. oak leaf, acorn and flowers are lovely and you did a great job on Linnea herself.

May your daughter enjoy this for many years.

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! I love it! It's so fantastic! All of your quilts are so lovely! Thank you for your lovely blog! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! :)

WoolenSails said...

I love how it came out, and how you did the stitching.
What type of threads did you use? I want to use thicker threads in some pieces, but still trying to figure out sizes and needles and the best backing for it.

Debbie

Simone de Klerk said...

Amazing, Carrie! Such lovely and cute details. It must have been so fun to make this and many many hours must have gone into it. Wonderful.

cottonreel said...

I'm so excited to have won , I just deleted my comment
I love the book cover you decided to do .
I deleted a lot of emails a short time ago , now I'm worried that I might have deleted the one you sent . Please email me again
ksolomi@btinternet.com

Kaaren said...

Gorgeous work, Carrie and congrats to the winners!

marina said...

Wow, that is amazing. It is so gorgeous!!
The face is just beautiful and the bird and acorns are fantastic too.
Well done to the winners!

Cardygirl said...

Lovely embroidery.

Lynn said...

I knew I should have said that one. But I didn't want to be a follower. Oh well. Your cover is magnificent. I'm picturing a whole quilt with favorite book covers. I'll need applique or stitching lessons first!

Pat said...

Congratulations to the lucky winner!

Love the embroidery and your satin stitches are beautifully done...

Heather said...

Absolutely wonderful!

KaHolly said...

Carrie, it is just gorgeous!! Your embroidery is beautifully done. I'm so envious of your skill. Congrats to the winners.

Sharon said...

Oh Carrie! It's beautiful! It looks just like the cover on the book! Your daughter will love it! I guessed the wrong one, but that's okay! Congrats to the winners!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Carrie, that is amazing!

Lynne said...

Beautiful work, Carrie. Congratulations to the winners!

Karen said...

I am very impressed! Your daughter is going to just love it! You have a special gift Carrie. I'm not sure how you did this but it is truly wonderful!

M and M plus 3 said...

Great job Miss Carrie! It will be a great memory for your daughter.

Linda said...

Looks amazing, Carrie!!! Your embroidery is fabulous!!

Kathy H said...

That turned out really cute.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Beautiful!!!
When I was homeschooling the kids, we read all the Linnea books. They were, and still are, a favourite!
Hugs
Jenny
xxx

Nancy said...

Wow, that is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Well done...loved yours!!

Ivory Spring said...

Oh wow wow wow - this is gorgeous!!

Robin said...

Wow! How lovely-- and such a great representation of the book cover. What a fun project!