Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hartfield Blocks

I am all caught up with my blocks from Linen Closet Quilts. I thought the bottom blocks were some kind of basket block but I saw one on another blog and it was called a sugar bowl. Does anyone know the real name of this block? Just curious
Check out this post on Barb's blog. I was a guest for Thimbleberries Sew Day. You can see all my Thimbleberries quilts.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

14 comments:

The Vintage Seamstress said...

I am the one that had the sugar bowl blocks, that is what they were called in the book I was using, I think its because they were little and facing each other. As far as I have ever seen they are called basket blocks and YOURS ARE BEAUTIFUL!
Blessings, Gwen

marina said...

what beautiful blocks.I love the fabrics you have used. Are they a range?
Will pop over to see your thimbleberries quilts!

antique quilter said...

beautiful blocks, oh I just love visiting your blog makes me ant to applique!
Kathie

Aunt 'Reen said...

Beautiful blocks Carrie!
I love those applique's and your choice of fabrics. Congrats on the feature over at Barb's blog - your quilts are all fabulous!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Pretty blocks and pretty Spring colors. The yellow basket looks like the deep yellow of a Meyer lemon. I have Meyer lemons on the brain now. :o)

Linda said...

So pretty!!! Love the applique and I really love the colors of the fabric!!

Allie said...

Oh Carrie what pretty blocks! Sugar bowl, I like that. The fabrics are just wonderful. I saw your quilts over at Barb's, so beautiful!!!

Robin said...

I can't wait to see all of your blocks put together. This is going to be a beautiful quilt!

Doris said...

Your blocks are gorgeous. pretty sure that is a basket block variation, I have seen it before.

Miss Hillbilly said...

They are beautiful!

Cathy said...

Carrie, I love your Hartfield blocks. Your Sugar Bowl blocks are adorable. Always enjoy seeing what you are working on. Hugs

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Beautiful blocks and fabric choices Carrie. Simply adore all your quilts over at Barbs! Can't wait to see them in person!!!!
xx

Jeanne said...

Your blocks are wonderful! I just bought that Spoolin' Around pattern. Lucky you to win it.

Ivory Spring said...

Oh, I do love your colors for this quilt!!! I have been away - but am finally back to visit different bloggy friends. :)