Thursday, April 12, 2012

Working Hard

First, before I get to my blog post I just have to say a very big THANK YOU! to you all that voted for my Easter Tidings quilt. I won! I was so excited and I really appreciate you all taking the time to vote for me. You all are the best.

GIVE THANKS...
                                                            (little quilt design by Jenny)
So what have I been up to the past 5 days? I did finish this little garden quilt and sent it in the mail to my sister. My husband was going to take four days off but we were really getting a lot accomplished so he took Tuesday off too. We both got a lot done and spent just about every day, all day out side. I will share photos later as I get the vegetables growing. I have three garden beds with cool weather crops growing really well. I have them covered with row covers to protect them from bugs and some cold weather we are having this week. Soon I can get other seeds in the ground. Yesterday I spent some time catching up on household chores and doing some cooking. We ate all the leftovers when we came in from working outside. Glad I had them because I did not feel like cooking.

While I was busy working outside I was tagged by Linda of Flourishing Palms to answer some questions. So here goes!

1. Where is one place in the world you haven't yet visited, but would like to?
    I have to admit that I really don't desire to go any where outside the United States. I really just want
    to see more of our country. There is so much to see.
2. What is your favorite quilt-making gadget?
    I like my 6" square ruler to square up blocks. My favorite gadget for applique is the lowly toothpick
   for turning fabric under to applique.
3. How often do you oil your machine?
    I have a Viking sewing machine and I was told not to oil my machine. It is 12 years old and I have
    never oiled it. I don't know if the guy who cleans it does.
4. What is your favorite perfume?
    I don't wear perfume and can't be around people who wear it because it causes me migraines.
    I didn't always used to be sensitive to perfume and colognes. When I was younger I liked a perfume
    my grand-mother wore called White Shoulders.
5. Machine piecing/applique or hand piecing/applique?
    Machine piecing/applique.
6. What is your favorite dessert?
    Homemade peach pie with a crumble topping.
7. Who is your favorite author?
    I don't have one. Lately I have been reading lots of gardening books, bread making books, and books
    on raising chickens.
8. What quilting technique would you like to learn more about?
    I really can't think of any.
9. What dish do you cook/bake that is considered your best?
    I have a lot according to my family. Sour cream pound cake, potato casserole, Jalapeno
    Cornbread, the list goes on and on according to my daughter. I love to cook!
10. Machine-sewn binding or hand sewn binding?
     First part is sewn on by machine then the folded part is hand sewn.

Okay, so I am going to tag just two other bloggers. You can participate if you would like and I have only five questions. So I am tagging Mary of Quilt Hollow and Sharon from A Few of My Favorite Things. Here are your questions...

 1. What is your favorite flower?
2.      2. What is your favorite season of the year and why?
3.      3. If you could live somewhere else in the world where would it be?
4.      4. At this time, what is your favorite line of fabric?
5.      5. Do you have one quilt that you made that is your all time favorite? 

I      With Passion, Carrie P.


ps just ignore those other numbers. I am having some issues with blogger.

19 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Congratulations!!!

WoolenSails said...

Congratulations on winning!
I was happy to see your name in the winners mail, it was a wonderful piece.

Debbie

Jocelyn said...

Congratulations Carrie. I voted for your beautiful quilt!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

YAY! Congratulations on your win~

Lynn said...

It was a beautiful quilt, your win is well deserved!

Loris said...

Congratulations,Carrie! I love your Easter quilt and I definitely thought it should win :-)

KaHolly said...

Congratulations, Carrie!! I had no doubts that you'd win!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I am so happy you won with your Easter quilt Carrie!!

Browndirtcottage said...

Congrats on the win!!!

I love your sweet photo today!

Karen said...

A very sweet little garden quilt! Leftovers and time outside, a very nice combination.

Allie said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm not surprised you won, that is a fabulous quilt. Love the little garden quilt! I haven't made that one yet, I'm SO behind on those. Um, and everything else.

Can't wait to see all you have done in your garden. Fun learning more about you! Don't you love not having to oil your Viking? I was terrible about oiling my Singer, so thankful to have the Viking. I think they do oil it when you take it in...do you take yours every year? I'm two years overdue, and baby isn't working properly, time for her to go to the doctor!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Congratulations!!! It was so pretty and deserved to win. :-)
Hugs
Jenny
xxx

Robin said...

Congratulations! :) And another very cute mini quiltlet for your sister.

Cheryl said...

A big congratulations to you!!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Congratulations Carrie!

FlourishingPalms said...

So glad you won! I voted for you. Thanks for answering all the questions. The one that really surprises me is that you never oil your sewing machine! Even the Berninas I've owned that say not to oil... well, the machine mechanic said to do it anyway. Very curious stuff. I'll remember not to wear perfume when we meet someday, I hope! Love hearing how much you're enjoying the domestic-farm lifestyle. Good for you!

Miss Hillbilly said...

Perfumes really make me sick too. Very allergic. I've always loved church, but when I was a kid I dreaded some woman we always sat behind. Her perfume was loaded on and my nose would run and I'd sneeze. Ugh.

Love peach cobbler too! Haven't had any in at least 3 years. Might have to do that sometime.

Linda said...

Congratulations!!!!! That is really awesome!!!

Loved learning some new things about you too!!

Lynne said...

An interesting read - it was fun learning some more about you. I, too, get headaches from perfumes (including perfumed plants - jasmine, gardenia and murraya are the worst).