Yesterday I was able to do some Slow Sunday Stitching. I am working on two Christmas gifts.
This one is a pillow cover my daughter-in-law.I also got caught up on the block of the week by Dawn Heese. You can find these blocks on the Henry Glass Fabrics blog. The one for today is not up as I write this post.
I decided today was a good day to make a big pot of vegetable soup because it is cold in North Carolina today. The hurricane is not really affecting our part of the state. (the Piedmont) Lots of wind and clouds. We could see a snowflake or two though from the cold front. That would be fun. It was really brisk when I went out to the garden to get some veggies for the soup. My hands were so cold by the time I got done picking.
The peas were not added to the soup because I really like to eat them raw.
Look at these beauties. There is nothing like a fresh carrot. I even used some of the tops in the soup. I added some potatoes that I grew and some butternut squash I bought from the farmer's market. I also added some frozen shredded zucchini which is not shown in the photo.
Look at all those yummy colorful veggies. This is before I put the liquid in the pot. I can't wait for dinner.
Today my plan is to catch up on two rows I have not done yet from Lori Holt's row along.
Stay safe if you are in the path of the hurricane and stay warm if you getting all that snow from the cold front.
With Passion,
Carrie P.
16 comments:
I am glad you are safe from the storms, good day to stay in, to cook and create.
Debbie
Food for the body and stitching for the soul; the ultimate nourishment!
Sooooo glad to hear you will be safe from the hurricane/storm!!
Looks like you had a soothing Sunday, especially with that scrumptious looking veggie stew!!!
We had a hard freeze the last 2 nights so my garden is over. I gathered what I could and was sad my backyard grocery store will be closed for the next months....sniff!
Brrr, it's chilly here too! Mmm delicious looking.
Stay warm. We haven't risen above 39* today and its rainy, cold, and just raw. I have a pot of beef stew cookin'. High wind warnings until dinner tomorrow. Great time to sew.
You have to tell me your secret for carrots. Mine are always stunted:(
That looks delicious! It is cold here, too, but we dare not complain when others are in the way of some far more serious weather. Your carrots are really lovely -- mine have never grown, although I keep amending my soil to tempt them into it! Maybe next year.
I love soup, most any kind, and your veggies just make my mouth water. :) blessings, marlene
The sneak peek of your stitching looks lovely!! Love the colours you have used in your block - and the soup looks/sounds delicious! Sounds like you need something to warm you up!
The stitching is lovely and I love the varigated thread!
Yummy looking veggies too!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!
Do you have enough soup leftover for me? I could be there in a few days. LOL Those carrots look wonderful!
Je suis heureuse que vous êtes pas dans la tempête. Ici il a venté toute la nuit et il nous annonce de gros vent pour la journée plus de 100kl heures et de la pluie jusqu'a samedi. Votre soupe semble délicieuse.
Je vous souhaite une belle journée.
Gisèle.
mmm soup and sewing, two of my favorite s's
Perfect block once again. So love the fabric you are using!
Slow stitching time is always a treat! That soup sounds divine. Love me some tasty veggie soup! :)
Nice stitching, I recognise that one!!
Post a Comment