Friday, March 1, 2013

My March UFOs and giveaway Winner

March is here and it is time to get started on some new UFOs. I have picked my three! I decided to go with a green theme this month because of St. Patrick's Day. My first UFO has been sitting around two years. I finished the embroidery pattern by Kathy Schmitz. I don't have any decorations for St. Patrick's Day so I thought I would make a little quilt for my wire table top hanger. A lovely friend sent me some fat quarters when I mentioned I did not have any St. Patrick's day fabric. Thanks friend!
I pulled out this wool applique pattern to work on during the month.
I have these leftover rectangles from a signature quilt I made for my #2 son when he got married. Our guild makes preemie quilts for our local hospital. My plan is to finish the whole quilt. This quilt will be for a tiny baby boy. I am linking this one up to A Lovely Year of Finishes.
Wow! you all are doing great on your UFOs. I having been checking up on every one who links up at the beginning of the month. I see you are as excited as me to be getting some quilts finished. So let's see who won the giveaway for this month. I put all the names in a bowl this time and my daughter drew out Colleen's name of Lucky Duck Dreams. She is a sewing phenom! Congratulations Colleen on all your finishes and for winning the giveaway.
So now it is time to link up your UFOs for this month. You will have until March 4th. If you are new to how this all works you can read the guidelines here.

Mr. P. was surprised with his quilt I made for his birthday. I handed him the quilt and said "Don't you need a warm quilt for this chilly night?" He read the label and got a big smile on his face because he remembered helping with the sashing. Needless to say he loves it and he really like the wood looking flannel backing.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

ps. If you link up this month be sure to tell me where you live in the comment box, USA or another country because this month I am having two giveaways which you can see tomorrow.


22 comments:

Lynette said...

USA - Ooo! I love your St. Patrick's embroidery. :)

Cathy said...

Congrats to Colleen. I love what you are going to be working on. I have chosen my three and have linked up. Thanks again for the inspiration to some projects finished. Hugs

Lynn said...

Oooh, I was just going through my ufo's trying to pick out this months.
I only finished one in February, and the other one I wanted to finish were more time consuming than I originally thought. I've grown two quilts out of one.
All of your March ufo's look terrific. Those blue and green's together are fantastic.

And, I'm here in sunny, but cold NC. I thought that groundhog said an early spring?!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Yay! Glad Mr. P likes his quilt:) Love the blues and greens for the baby quilt you are making.

Abby and Stephanie said...

That St. Patrick's Day fabric will be perfect with your shamrock design. That's so pretty and deserving of a finish. How could Mr. P NOT love his quilt!!!

Pieced Pastimes said...

Hi Carrie, Thanks for visiting and leaving your nice comment about my 'Tricycle Diaper Cake'. It was a fun quick project. I am so envious of your diligence in working on just UFO's. It must feel great knowing you are getting so much accomplished! I knew your husband would love his quilt. After all, he did help!
Have a Nice Weekend,
Suzanne

KaHolly said...

Congratulations to the winner. Wow! She is a quilting machine!! Such fun!

Doniene said...

Congrats to Colleen!!!! I too am linked up, and am excited to see how everyone does this month!! Love your greens!!

Blessings

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Looks like 3 great projects for you! I'm in the US.

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

Ooo! Thanks Carrie!! Im getting ready to link up for next month! I love this monthly challenge because it keeps me motivated!

Teresa in Music City said...

Of course Mr. P loves his quilt! It's an amazing quilt :*) Love your wool applique too. I've been thinking of starting a wool project. There's a pattern I've been saving now for several years. It may be time to pull it out and start doing more than thinking about it :*)

Angie in SoCal said...

Congrats to Colleen! That's a sweet embroidery you have for St. Paddy's day.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://longchampsacsa.edicy.co/]longchamp soldes[/url] You can aquire Fendi bag from that Fendi store retailer Follow the fashion Mulberry Men Classic Tote Bag Brown,Attractive Mulberry Factory Shop sale mulberry Handbag online. or online stores. Some internet retailers by no means point out in case the Fendi hand bags are true. ervin kors designer watches You need to steer clear of that shop if it by no means presents extended warranty around the reliability of the Fendi baggage.
[url=http://longchampbagsd.webeden.net/#/blog/4574070481]sacs longchamps[/url] Marine LifePicture a plastic bag that has drifted into the ocean, filled with water and air and bobbing on the waves. These often look like food to marine animals. Highly Appreciated Mulberry Women's Piccadilly Bayswater Printed Leather Shoulder Black Bag, and shop the latest collection of Mulberry bags sale from the most popular stores - all in one place. Sea turtles, for instance, mistake them for jellyfish, which is a primary food source for the turtles.
[url=http://kafafa.com/longchampmoinse/]sac longchamps[/url] It killed me. They used to give us this envelope on Friday and say: "OK, this is next week script." So I opened up the script on Friday and saw the name and was absolutely mortified. It hard enough to go through puberty, let alone doing it in front of millions of people.. Paris is a celebrated shoe lover. She is known to possess thousands of pairs of designer shoes. There were even talk of donating some of them to an orphanage but it is difficult to find somebody of her shoes size. Us girls love celebs and their fashion sense. Seeing celebrities wear a handbag that we want can help us make the right decision when it comes to buying our dream designer handbag. We do not part with hundreds of dollars lightly, so it's important that we make sure we're making the right Mulberry Factory Shop outlet sale Mulberry Mini Alexa Leather Satchel Camel Bag sale for you decision when committing to a major purchase such as that of a designer handbag..

nessa said...

Thanks for visiting (and commenting!) on my blog. I'm really really enjoying participating, and "meeting" the other quilters every month!

I'm in CA, USA.

Good luck this month!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Keep up the great finishes. I didn't finish up anything on my list last month but got a lot of things much closer to being done, and I was much more focused. Thanks

I am in beautiful, cold, snowy, icy, Michigan

Melissa said...

Good luck with all of your finishes! I can't wait to see that preemie quilt!

Raewyn said...

I hope you are able to complete your UFOs Carrie; a green theme sounds fun! I am getting tempted to join your list - I don't think I can have 3 complete finishes but I would sure love to make some progress on 3 UFOs- is that OK?

Astrid said...

Some great projects to finish this month. I have just linked up what I'm going to work on this month...

jeifner said...

Maybe if you get your green patty's quilt done in time you should enter it into the Emerald Pantone Quilt Challenge.