Monday, March 18, 2013

My weekend

This weekend was very busy. Saturday was spent doing lots of different things. Sunday my #2 son and DIL came over for dinner to celebrate my DIL's birthday. 
 I did find a few hours each day to do some crocheting. Do you save the slivers from your soap? I do. I found this free pattern for a "soap saver" on Ravelry.com. I can spend way to much time on that site looking at free patterns. I also did the first part of the crochet along on Fiber Flux. I made a swatch to see how the stitches will look with the yarn I had picked out for the cowl I will be making.
 I cut and sewed all the sashing pieces and sewed them onto each background squares. As you can see I got all the bunnies cut out and some pieces for the August block. Now I can applique The Raspberry Rabbits block.
My goal this week is to get all the pieces cut out. Then I can just sit and applique while watching TV at night.

I keep forgetting to introduce you to a new blogger. "What about Rheema?" has been blogging since January. I met her because she has been participating in "Nothing But UFOs." Go by and say hi to her when you have a minute.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

15 comments:

Cathy said...

I love your soap saver. I'm going to have to see about making one. Your Raspberry Rabbits is looking good. Hugs

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

Your crochet is looking amazing!

Unknown said...

Loving the bunnies:)

M and M plus 3 said...

Your bunnies are so cute Carrie. I love your work.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

H and H are coming along very nicely! They are proud. :)
Love all your crochet work too.
xx

Aunt 'Reen said...

What a darling soap saver Carrie! It's wonderful to see how quickly you've conquered the skills of crochet.
I love the bunny quilt - you are making wonderful progress on that as well!

Cheryl said...

That soap saver is super cute!!!! Wow, I love your bunnies. You do amazing work.

Abby and Stephanie said...

My mother-in-law was very thrifty and saved every sliver of soap and "stuck" them together in the soap dish. She could have used a pretty crocheted bag.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love the soap saver. My great grandmother used to have one. Love the rabbits, and how it is turning out.

Raewyn said...

Great idea with the soap saver! Your Raspberry Rabbits are looking so nice - you are using lovely felts - nice to see yours growing.

Cindy said...

Hmmm..."Soap Saver".....never heard of one. Interesting idea!!!

Teresa Rawson said...

I love your "Raspberry Rabbits" project...those bunnies are so sweet. I saved the patterns and hope to do at least one of the blocks some time in the future.

I do save soap slivers and like to mark dark tops with them. I feel so thrifty doing that (my husband thinks I'm nuts...). I put them on a paper towel on the window sill to dry and harden, and he keeps "absent-mindedly" throwing them away...hmmm...maybe he is trying to tell me something...

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Angie in SoCal said...

Your latest applique quilt is looking awesome! I'm resisting going to Ravelry again - have enough ufos of the quilty kind - enjoy seeing your creations from there though.

Teresa in Music City said...

I just ran over to Ravelry and got the pattern for the soap saver! What a great idea! I think my grandmother used to have these but I had forgotten them. Can't wait to make one, or two, or twenty :*D

Your Raspberry Rabbits is going to be awesome - your colors are working beautifully together!

Purple Pam said...

Love your Raspberry Rabbit blocks. Good idea for the bits of soap, too. I must check out that site.