My only finish for the month of May! Don't breathe, the bowls might fall over! This is a paper piece pattern by Regina Grewe. If you want to make your very own stack of bowls you can get the pattern here. For those of you who linked up to my blog at the beginning of the month, scroll down to link up your finishes. I will announce the winner of the
giveaway on June 1. Hmmm, which UFOs will I work on for June?I machine quilted a few bowls on top of the other bowls. I am linking up my "Lovely Finish" to Melissa's blog. Check out some of the other finishes for this month.
Here is the last of my vacation pictures. This is my mom's sewing space. She is the one who got me addicted to quilting in 1999.
Here is the other side of her room.
Look at all the ribbons she has won.
Here is her nice and neat stash. She let me go "shopping for free" in her stash.
Check out this stack of fabric I brought home. I also brought home a jelly roll, a pattern, and a book.
My mom crocheted this lovely table cloth years ago. I am now the proud owner.
My mom also made this pastel queen size quilt from 30's reproduction fabrics. I now own this quilt.
My grandmother who was also a quilter made this quilt at least 25 years ago. It is a king size quilt. All hand appliqued, hand pieced, and hand quilted by her. I have always loved this quilt and I am now the proud owner of this quilt too.
My mom took me to her local quilt shop while I was visiting her. I bought some mini clamshell paper pieces and some other notions.
Of course, I had to buy some fabrics too.
While I was visiting I did work on some blocks for my row quilt but I still have to prep some more pieces before I can put the row together.
With Passion,
Carrie P.
.jpg)
24 comments:
Carrie what a great post! sounds like you and Mom had a great time and you have taken away some lovely memories as well! love your bowls I remember when you were putting this together a great finish!
So lets see what you come up with on that pile of fabric!
Your Mom's sewing space is not only huge but neat. How fun to shop for free. It's obvious there is a strong crafting gene in your family. How wonderful to have handmade goodies from you Mom and Grandma. Lovely heirlooms.
Great pics of your moms sewing area! Looks like a dream to me!
I love the table cloth and the quilts! What wonderful gifts as was the shopping spree at your moms!
Thanks for sharing with us!
Like the way you quilted extra bowls on the top. Cute! Congrats on all your new goodies:)
Wow! Your Mom's sewing room is terrific, so light and filled with fabrics! Those gorgeous quilts and the tablecloth, plus a trip to the quilt shop. Hmmm, if she's in the market to adopt another daughter, I'm available.
Nice quilt room. I also am lucky enough to come from a quilting Mom and Grandma. I know you will treasure those quilts.
WOW! What a great quilting space. Your mom is so neat and clean too! Looks like artistic talent runs in the family.
So much great stitching here and wow what a wonderful sewing space.
Congratulations on your beautiful finish. And can I just say I am in love with your mom's craft room!!! Holy moly!
Your stacked bowls look great! How special to have those beautiful quilts made by your grandma and your mom!
Oh my gosh, what fun. I've wanted to make those bowls too. Loved your vacation pics.
Love the bowls, Carrie - all in my favorite shades of green! Wow - it's easy to see where you get your quilting talent! Your mom has a wonderful space! I saw the clamshells at market and am intrigued - can't wait to see what you think of them!
Cheers!
your bowls look fantastic.
You mum has such a great workspace. How lucky of you to bring home some family treasures and so wonderful of your mum to give them to you.
quilting talent definitely runs in your family.
Hi Carrie,
What a beautiful family quilting history you have! I have a simular one, except it was my great grandmother, my grandmother, me and I got my mom to quilting who took off! I loved sharing fabric with my mom, and when she died I thought she'd given me most her fabric, but I found a lot of beautiful fabric in her drawers.
I've always liked that bowl wall hanging! ♥♥♥
Ahh. Now I see where all your quilting skills have come from. You are so lucky to have such a heritage. Especially to share quilting with your mom. I can't imagine anything better, except maybe sharing it with a daughter... neither of which I had. Love your bowls wall hanging. It's my favorite of all you shared.
Wow! Your mom's room is huge! If I had one that big, I could fill it up.....oh wait a minute, I did that anyway! Haha. It sounds like she is a very generous mom.
Your treasures you came home with are wonderful! Love the quilts and table cloth.. And your bowls are cute.
Yikes! I'd better get busy and finish those 10 D9P blocks so I'll have my finish done. Your mom has a beautiful creativity space and aren't you so lucky to get all those fabulous quilts with so much family history.
Back from camping, feeling better and love everything on this post. Your Mom's sewing area is fantastic. Love everything you are working on. Hugs
Your bowls are wonderful and I loved all the quilts and fabrics you came home with . Now I know where you get your talent , your Mom!! Your MOm has a lovely sewing space .
Such beautiful treasures your mom gave you! I have many things my mom crocheted as well and love each one. Your mom has a great sewing area and so nice of her to let you shop.
Your bowls look great, love the green fabrics and the quilted bowls at the top. What an amazing quilt heritage you have from your mum her sewing room is brilliant!
It sounds like you had a very fruitful visit. :) Such an array of treasures! Those quilts are just stunning, as is the table topper. Wow!!!
What a fun time! So nice you can enjoy quilting together!
Carrie: thanks for the nice comments as always :)
I got my shirt embroidered and uploaded a pic to my blog, NOW I feel its a very successful month LOL
Thanks again for putting this together every month!
Post a Comment