I have been working on some hexies from some tutorials that Karen H. has on her blog. They will make some interesting patterns when I get them put together. Check out her blog, Faeries and Fibres if you want to give them a try.
I used my Sewline fabric pen to glue the fabric around the paper. I had to put a replacement in it. See the white thing? It was the container the glue stick came in. It has a lid too. After I put the glue in the holder I thought how could I use the white thing instead of throwing it away. Well, I think it would make a great needle/pin holder.
Yesterday we got our first snow. It snowed the tiniest snowflakes I ever remember seeing. It reminded me of a rainy drizzle. We got about an inch where we live.
It won't last long. Tomorrow the temps will be above freezing. I am enjoying the white stuff!
With Passion,
Carrie P.
21 comments:
Hi Carrie,
I haven't tried that glue pen, I think I will go look for it, the glue sticks I buy always get dry. Your hexies are very cheery and pretty.
Enjoy your snow, we sure need some here in the west.
Carrie
Oh My Gosh Carrie, I just went to your link and smack a doodles girl these are paperpieced hexies. Very CUTE! You just made my day! Look forward to seeing them sewn together.
Carrie
Come to my house in Canada and enjoy about 2 feet of the white stuff.
I'm happy you finally got your snow!
I am so tempted to try those hexies but I am not too fond of FPP. Yours look great, were they difficult?
Hmmm, those hexies look very interesting. Can't wait to see them together! Yay, you finally got snow! Don't know how you've escaped the wrath of Mother Nature so far this winter.
So nice hexies. I've tried one of them, and I'm thinking of doing more. So good you have some snow. Here on the west coast of Norway we have no snow or rain, everything is dry as never before, and lots of fire different places. Many houses are burnt, and the nature too.
They are so cute, like little lady bugs!
I love those glue pens, I just need more glue for mine...if I could find them??? Hummm
I love this glue pen! Can't wait to see how your blocks turn out!
I hope you enjoyed the snow today while it lasts!
Oh, I love your hexies. I have never used glue,I need to try that. Yeah! You got your snow, enjoy!
We had snow the size of silver dollars today. Very pretty.
Enjoy your hexies
Karen's hexies are gorgeous, they almost make ne want to do some EEP. Almost!
Those were the hexies I saw! Very cute. How is the snow? Were you itching to go out and make a snowman?
I have personally seen Karen's lovely quilts, and am one of her biggest fans! Your hexies are great just wait till you make one of her lovely big quilts.
I love your idea of a needle holder!
Kinda nice to say on Jan 29 you are getting your first snowfall glad you are enjoying the view I love our snow and have no complaints for this winter.
I have been playing with these hexies too. They are darn cute. Yours look like they're going to be gorgeous. Love hat glue stick too.
I've heard good reviews of the Sew Line (didn't know it was refillable, though!). Your hexies are SEW cute. We got 2" of snow here... it was just like talc coming down.
Love your hexies. I've been working on a grandmothers flower garden for years...someday. Hugs
I really need to get one of those pens, maybe if I did I might actually get close to finishing my hexie quilt...
A needle container seems like a logical choice to me.
Now I know what to save those cases for. My first cartridge will be finished soon. Thanks for the idea!
Post a Comment