Saturday, June 14, 2014

Have you seen these?

Have you seen this new Quilting magazines? I love them. Each one comes with a little gift of sorts. I just picked up issue 8 at my local Barnes and Noble. They are a little pricey compared to other magazines but it is because they come from the UK.
I am doing a paper piecing BOM from Quiet Play this year. I was using regular paper to sew with but Have you seen this paper piecing paper? It will feed right through your printer. I found it at Joann's.

If you like doing paper piecing Quiet Play has a cute colored pencil pattern on her blog. And it is free.

Have you seen the new 10th Anniversary SAL by Lisa Bogean of Primitive Gatherings? The first block has been released here. 

Have you seen the Trifle Dish SAL on the MODA Bake Shop blog? The quilt is a row quilt and also a mystery. Three rows have been posted so far. I am collecting the patterns.

Have you seen this technique for making half square triangles? Jane shared it on her blog and you can find this cool technique here.

Have you seen this cute little pillow you could make in time for the 4th of July? Check it out on here.

Have you seen the two Stitch Alongs? One is embroidery over on Jenny's blog. The other is cross stitch on Blackbird Designs. 

One more thing. Have you seen this ironing board at Target? It is much wider than a standard ironing board and it raises up to 39". Since I am tall and I am having neck issues this is really nice for me.

Now to the winner of the giveaway. (the sewing kit pattern)
Cissa K. you are the winner! Congratulations! 

If you are interested in the sewing kit pattern you can buy it from Lee's Craftsy page.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

20 comments:

Cissa K said...

Thank you so very much. I am delighted. You have a lot of information. Thank you for sharing these treasures. Thanks again.

Jeanna said...

Wow! You have given us lots to see :)

Thanks for the tip on the ironing board. I need one that is wider and taller is great for me too!

Sheila said...

Thanks for all the tips Carrie , I am off to check them out :-)

Rebecca in AK said...

The 'Quilting' magazine is new to me. I will have to look for it the next time I am in Fairbanks. I did just get a subscription to Quiltmania. I love their quilts. I have a 'wide' ironing board on my wish list! I am copying the Primitive Gatherings patterns for later. But I am hoping to sew along with Jenny on 'The Lord's Prayer" SAL. Thank you for all the info on the other projects!

Tina said...

Thanks for the info about the ironing board!!

Janet said...

You are dangerously enabling here!! Thanks for all the fun links :0)

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I love this pistol! Thanks for all the links I am off to have some fun link hopping!

Robin said...

It never ceases to amaze me-- so many opportunities for creativity and inspiration available at any given time. The generosity of the crafty community is awesome! Thanks for sharing! :)

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh my goodness! Such a lot of wonderful posts to check out :) Thanks for sharing!!!

marina said...

I have seen them all now!
Love the primitive gatherings bom, thanks for the heads up on that one. I think it will be a definite starter.

Abby and Stephanie said...

It's amazing how many ways there are to stay busy. I'm not familiar with the magazine...I should visit my local B & N. I'm not tall but I'd love a wider ironing board. Thanks for the tip. Happy Sewing.

Happy Father's Day to the men in your life!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I had seen the magazines on quilting blogs from the UK and Australia but have not seen one in person. You have been finding lots of wonderful things.

Deb Fox-McHugh said...

Wow! Thanks for all of the fun links! I have been collecting the trifle dish patterns too- hopefully I will get to them someday!

Unknown said...

Thank you dear Carrie for all this information!
Have a nice sunday!
Many hugs from Italy

Unknown said...

Love how you get extra little gifts with UK magazines:)

Cathy said...

Thanks for sharing all the links. Hugs

Judy said...

Thanks for sharing all of this with us, especially about the ironing board as I'm tall, too and it would be great to have one that's wider and taller.

Barb said...

I'll have to look for the magazine - new to me.
also that ironing board looks fabulous!

Candace said...

Thanks for all the great sites to see, Carrie! I love the idea of a wider ironing board! Is it height adjustable?
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

http://apassionforapplique.blogspot.com/