Thursday, June 5, 2014

Sharing

Whew! May was a busy month. First I would like to thank you all for voting for my daughter's block during the Accuquilt competition. If you read their site you probably saw the grand prize winner's block which was really neat. 

So the month of May was spent with family. The first two weeks I was down in Florida helping my mom out who had surgery. She is doing okay but it will take her time to heal. One of her sisters is helping her out now. While I was at my mom's I did work on a few projects.
While I was gone my guild had a quilt show. I hated to miss it. My friend Laura, who does my machine quilting, took my quilts I entered in the show. I won some ribbons. Best Hand Applique and a first place ribbon for this little quilt. This pattern was a free BOM by Bunny Hill Designs.
I think all quilters who enter a show are pleasantly surprised when they win this ribbon. I certainly was. This was another free BOM by Crabapple Hill.
You might remember seeing this quilt from a previous post. I won a second place ribbon. Laura did the machine quilting. She won the best machine quilting category. I gave her the ribbon to keep. Way to go Laura. You can see more winning quilts over at KBQuilts. This pattern was from Dawn Heese.
While I was away two giveaways I had won arrived in my mailbox. The stack of solid fabrics on the left was from Just Arting Around during the Quiltmaker 100 blocks magazine tour. The other stack was from Grammie Q's when she reached 300 posts. Thanks to them both for their generosity.
The third week of May was spent in the garden when I got home from Florida. I had to weed every bed before I could plant veggies. What a job. I did go to my applique bee. Susan and Marlene had some show and tell for us.
So the fourth week of May was spent with my in-laws who came to see their new great grandbaby. He is two months old. He is now smiling which is so sweet. I will be taking care of him during the day for a while. Looks like sewing will be done while he is napping.

So that is how the past month was spent. Now for a new routine while watching my grandson.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

24 comments:

KaHolly said...

Wow!! You WERE a busy girl. How nice that you will be available to spend some quality time with the baby. Congrats on your wins..ribbons and give-aways alike.

Candace said...

Congratlations on your well deserved ribbons, Carrie! You've certainly had your hands full lately! It will be nice to spend those early months with your grandson - enjoy every minute!
Cheers!

Cathy said...

Glad all is well with your Mom. You had an extremely busy month. We missed you and glad you are home and back to blogging. Congrats on your wins. They are so beautiful and your work is excellent. Hugs, Cathy

Sheila said...

So nice to see you post , you have had a busy month . Glad to know your mom is doing better . Congrats on your quilt awards , well deserved :-)

Brandie said...

Congrats on all your ribbons! You deserved them, the quilts were beautiful!
Your new babysitting adventure will be the best time of your day!

marina said...

Hope your mum continues her recovery quickly.
Well done on your quilt show wins, they are beautiful.
Love the little rosettes/ribbons awarded they are so cute.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Best wishes to your Mom. Well deserved ribbons on such pretty projects. I know you must be loving this Grandma gig!

Rebecca in AK said...

Congratulations!! I knew you would win some ribbons!! Your work is so beautiful! (I like the ribbons that they present) I am so glad to hear your Mom is on the mend. Enjoy your grandson time!!

Jeanna said...

Congratulations on your ribbons Carrie...very well deserved. Your quilts are amazing. I enjoy seeing your hand applique, so perfect.

It's wonderful that you get to keep your new grandson. I'm sure you will enjoy every minute!

Hazel said...

You did a good thing helping others!

I'm quite fascinated by your hand applique, mixed with machine quilting. Really beautiful!

Teresa in Music City said...

What wonderful wins Carrie!!! And of course you won lots of ribbons - your quilts are gorgeous!!!!

Robin said...

How wonderful! Ribbons, prizes, and even some sewing time. Congrats, Carrie! And what a blessing that you can take time to watch your grandbaby. That kind of support is beyond measure. :)

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Wow Carrie, I thought I had a busy month! Congratulations on your ribbons. You certainly deserve them! Have a wonderful time with your grand-baby. They are such a joy.

Raewyn said...

Congratultions Carrie on your awards for your beautiful quilts - your work is always so lovely so I'm not surprised!! And also your blog winnings. It sounds like you have had such a busy month but nice to be spending it with family - older and new!

Barb said...

Wonderful quilts and congrats on the awards. Looks like you made good use of your time while your mother was having surgery!!!

Teresa said...

Congratulations on your ribbons, well deserved for you beautiful quilts. The ribbons are so unusual - areal treasure in and of themselves.

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Beautiful quilts Carrie -- just stunning. Congratulations on your ribbons - so deserved. Glad to hear your mom is doing ok AND that you got to weed your gardens. Lots of stuff to shout about! Take care, Karen

Melody said...

Wins and prizes. Well done

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

And I thought I was busy! Lovely wins. I am green with envy.

~Kris~ said...

What a busy month you had! I hope your mother is feeling better soon. Congratulations on your ribbons. Your work is always so nice. I'm sure they were well deserved. Here's hoping things calm down for you soon. I'm sure you will enjoy having your little one to take care of. Babies are such a joy.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Your ribbons are well deserved. You work is stunning!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your ribbons. And thanks for letting me go wild on your floral applique quilt! That was so much fun!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Woo hoo on your ribbons Carrie! Beautiful work by you and Laura!
Congratulations. :) :) :)

MamaT said...

Congratulations on the ribbons!