Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Old meets New

I am so excited to share this new quilt with you. I shared a sneak peek on the previous post.  For those of you that regularly read my blog you know that I sometimes test patterns for the very creative Stephanie. She calls her pattern testers Supremes. She has a new blog called Rummage. She shares the most fun stuff on her blog. One of the things she shares is awesome new patterns that she has created. This is one of her newest. Stephanie is calling her new pattern Rummage but I am calling mine Old meets New.
I am calling my quilt Old meets New because of the fabrics I used.  Stephanie sent some lovely feedsacks and other vintage fabrics for me to use. The photo below is actually some that she sent as a gift several years ago. I also added new fabrics in the quilt that looked vintage.
This is one of my favorite feedsacks so I used this as my guide for my fabric choices.

I also won some vintage bed sheet fat quarters several years ago. I have been saving them and the feedsacks for the perfect quilt and Rummage was it. Some of those bed sheets were used in the quilt.
Stephanie will be making the pattern available soon. All her patterns are in pdf form now. Go by her blog to let her know you are interested. You can also see her lovely quilt.
Can you find the vintage fabrics in the quilt? This is the fabric I used on the back of the quilt. Isn't it cute? My friend Laura did the machine quilting for me.
You can see another quilt that Stephanie created on Candace's blog. So pretty. Ask Stephanie about it too.


I thought I would have another giveaway so you could make a Rummage quilt too. The photo above is 2 fat quarters  (vintage bed sheets), half of a fat quarter vintage bed sheet, and the pink is part of a feed sack. If you live outside the USA this giveaway is for you. Just let me know you would like a chance and what country you live in.

I am giving this 5" high stack of scraps to someone who lives in the USA. These scraps would be great in the Rummage quilt and some pieces would work for a string quilt. Have fun going through them. I always love someone else's scraps better than my own. ;0)

If your enter either of these giveaways please make sure that I have an email address so that I can contact you if you should win. I noticed a lot of you that entered my giveaway from the last post did not have your email address under your profile. You might have been the winner on some other blog giveaway but there was no way to contact you.

I will announce the winners next weekend sometime. Good luck!

With Passion,
Carrie P.

41 comments:

Phyllis said...

Thanks for showing us the sweet quilt. I love the soft cozy look. Wonder how it would look with the 30's fabrics I have been saving?

Podunk Pretties said...

Your quilt and Stephanie's look like something my grannie would've made. Has the vintage look, well done!

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Carrie -- this quilt is lovely. Thanks for sharing it with us and Congrats to Stephanie! Have a blessed day.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your quilt is just yummy. Makes you feel like its an old friend. Lovely work.

Unknown said...

WOW - Carrie!! Your "Old meets New" quilt is fantastic!! I love the fabrics!!! Great job!!
Hugs
Deborah

Preeti said...

Your quilt is very beautiful!! :)

Candace said...

Very soft and pretty, Carrie! I do love the use of vintage sheets and feedsacks. Love the backing too. Thanks for the shout out :>)
Cheers!

Hazel said...

I like the idea of using those old sheets and feed sacks, and would love to win the package of scraps! Thanks for offering them!

Lynn said...

I love your version of Stephanie's pattern. I think the fabrics you've chosen are perfect for it. It looks like it belongs draped on a swing of a big southern covered porch. Those scraps! Someone will have fun with them !

martha said...

Thanks for the scrap offer! I to do like going thru and seeing other people's fabrics. They look fun!

Lindah said...

So soft and pretty. I like the way you achieved definition along with the scrappy-ness.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

What a beautiful quilt! I would love to play in your scraps too. Thanks for the fun!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your "Rummage" is beautiful Carrie! And that grandson of yours is absolutely ADORABLE !!!

mrsmcbee said...

I LOVE the old meets new quilt, that is the ONLY kind of quilts I make!! The older they look the better, I do love vintage fabrics and mostly LOVE feedsacks..

mrsmcbee said...

I LOVE the old meets new quilt, that is the ONLY kind of quilts I make!! The older they look the better, I do love vintage fabrics and mostly LOVE feedsacks..

Vicki B said...

Beautiful quilt. I am working on one now for a challenge in our quilt guild with 30's prints. I think its going to be pretty special.
Love your scrap pile. Would love to go through it!!!!
tvbart@charter.net

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Carrie, your quilt evokes childhood memories of being raised by Nana and how invaluable and comforting were her 'old' ways. It's beautiful! I'd love to win the vintage sheet fabrics... x

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Congratulations on your lovely Old meets New quilt! I've only really become interested in 1930s and vintage fabrics this year, thanks for the opportunity to win some fat quarters - Carole in Australia.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Love, love, love those fabrics! And the pattern is wonderful. Don't enter me in the giveaway...I've had a couple of wins lately so it's someone else's turn. :) blessings, marlene

Robin said...

What a lovely quilt-- it is begging to be snuggled with! :)

dortha said...

What a pretty quilt. Would love the scraps.

Anonymous said...

The design reminds me of a Miss Rosie pattern, the name escapes me at moment. Your choice of fabrics truly gives it a vintage feel.

Melody said...

So many lovely fabrics shown in this post.

Mona said...

Your Old vs New quilt would be perfect in a shabby chic bedroom. But I love the soft colors and simple design of this quilt -- vintage yet current enough to appeal to almost anyone. Truly lovely.

Denny1600 said...

Your quilt is beautiful!

txquilter said...

I'm working on two quilts made from 30s repro fabrics, so these would be perfect. Love the Rummage quilt pattern!

RoseMary Baty-Willcox said...

I love vintage fabric, but I also love scraps. Both are great to work with.
artandsoul57@gmail.com

Karen H said...

What a great scrap quilt. I might just add this one to my to do list!

Unknown said...

How wonderful you offer quilters from outside USA to enter your giveaway. I would love to work with your "scraps".

KaHolly said...

Your work is 'supreme'!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I love your choice of fabrics for this pattern....it is a beautiful quilt. I fancy feedsack fabrics too but I've never used bed sheets...interesting.

Smiles,
Kelly

Rebecca Grace said...

I love your Old Meets New quilt! The USA scrap pile looks very enticing, especially since it's already cut into strips. Those fabrics would fit in with my pineapple log cabin project perfectly, and you're right -- I'm getting tired of the fabrics in my OWN scrap pile! :-)

mary said...

would be so happy to get this stack of fabrics..love working with feed sacks!! Mary in Austin

annieB said...

I would love the chance to do this quilt, it looks great.

Rebecca in AK said...

I love your Old Meets New quilt! Lots of scrappy goodness!

mary said...

I would love to have these beautiful scraps!! mary in Texas at snowtx@aol.com for the email!!

Allie said...

Oh Carrie that is gorgeous!!! I adore the fabrics you used. Please don't enter me in your give-away though, ok? I have zero time lately to sew and when I do get to it, I have about a thousand projects....lol!

Raewyn said...

Wow, Rummage is beautiful- the vintages have sewn up so gorgeously! Oh dear another project to add to my to-do list!! Congratulations to the scrap winners :-)

Barb said...

what a great vintage look!
so pretty

Ulla said...

Your fabric combination is perfect, the new blends so well with the old and the colours are so soft. Great pattern for showing the tiniest treasure scraps!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

What a beauty! I love your soft mix of fabrics... perfection.