Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Verandah View

All caught up on my Verandah View blocks. Cheryl is talking about doing another free BOM next year. Oh, what's a girl to do. I have really enjoyed working on these blocks so I will probably join again next year.

This block had a Laughing Kookaburro sitting on the arbor but I changed it to a Carolina Wren. We have one that hangs around our yard chattering and checking all the plants for bugs. Check out this interesting You Tube video on the Kookaburro if you have a chance. Pretty interesting. Some of the other videos are neat because they have the birds "laughing." Go here to read a short excerpt about the history of the song you might have sung as a little girl. Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree...
With Passion, Carrie P.

The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter. Mark Twain

12 comments:

Susan said...

This is so cute, Carrie. I've watched you do these blocks for a few months now; what do they make in the end? I used to sing a song when I was little girl about the kookaburra sits in the old gum tree...

Allie said...

So darling! I've been saving these - I really need to start them, I love them so much!

Robin said...

It has been so much fun seeing your blocks as they are completed. They are so sweet. I can't wait to see how you put them together! If she does do another BOM next year, I am definitely jumping on board. :)

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Those are so darling, and I now will be singing that song the rest of the night!!!

Janet said...

These blocks are adorable. We've had a chorus of Kookaburra at our place the last few days. Apparently they've been waking up DH but I'd sleep though anything.

Loralynn said...

Lovely job! I'm a bit behind on mine right now, but hope to be caught up soon!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Hi Carrie--I have enjoyed doing the V.View blocks myself and am happy to hear she may do another bom next year. You have a pretty site and by the sounds a very "lucky" site--3 winnings all at once--WOW--I haven't won a thing--except a lot of new friends and lots of new ideas!!! I am in the Sig block swap also and I want to get to know all the other gals, so that when I get my blocks back I can truly say they are from my friends--so I will be back and I hope you will stop over and visit me sometime. Have a great day--Hugs, just, Di

Karen said...

Love your little Carolina Wren. I look forward to Cheryl's next BOM. Also, congratulations on three wins! Lucky you!

Sherri said...

Wonderful stitcheries...it's so fun to see all of your beautiful work!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Carrie they look fantastic...you have inspired me to go home and start the July block..

Crispy said...

Great pieces Carrie. Could you imagine the noise from a flock of Kookaburra? LOL

Crispy

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely stitchery blocks..........I have saved all these but not traced or stitched them........