As we got to know each other she said she had an applique quilt that had a few blocks that needed to be finished. I told her I would do them for her which I did. She got that UFO totally finished. She was also prodding me do a blog to show off my love of applique. I was really nervous at first because I am really quite computer illiterate. She helped me get through getting set up and so did my daughter.
I had a few titles picked out but this one stuck. It is what I love to do even though I do other crafts plus piece quilts.
As you can see I have finished another applique Hop To It block. I put the rest up on my design wall to see how they look together so far. I have three blocks I need to do to be caught up with the group.
If you have minute go on over to Sue's blog to see her wool Hop To It blocks so far. She has her finished ones up on her design wall too. I really like her blog title--Simply Piece-ful Quilting.
Over at Crafty Musings, (a fun title)Robin's blog you can see her newest block too. So pretty. Sure doesn't look like deviled eggs. lol
Let me know if you are going to link up so I can read the story behind your blog title.
With Passion,
Carrie P.
14 comments:
Carrie
your applique is just wonderful, great name for your blog. Mine I named after my town where I lived until recently. Am thinking now I live in a city I might just change it. After looking at your applique I have thought maybe I could call my blog "the blog of good intentions" LOL for all my UFO's.
I'm so very happy you did start this thing called a blog because you have so much talent and creativity and you're always so helpful to others. I treasure my gorgeous applique quilt and I consider us co-owners. :o)
Your blocks are looking so good. I love the background fabric you have chosen and I love your sashing blocks. Hugs
Shade Tree Quilting posted this very thing....I think it is fun to see the reasoning behind the titles..yours was a no brainer! LOL
Wow - way to start blogging, Carrie, with a great win, lol! I love your blog so much and you are such a dear, thanks for sharing your story!
Great story about your blogging start Carrie! And that wall of blocks is going to make one gorgeous quilt!
oh Carrie,Great name it so lovely.. and your applique is just exquisite and so inspring.
thanks for joining in
Hugs Dawn x x
I love applique, but have so little time to sew that I don't do much of it. I love looking at yours - so beautiful! So I'm glad you have a Passion for Applique.
I love the white in your pieced sashing - that is becoming such a gorgeous quilt!! I'm glad you got talked into bloging :0)
Your blog name certainly identifies you - you do such lovely appliqué. Your Hop To It blocks are looking lovely - its always amazing what difference the fabric choices make, isn't it. Love your Christmas Tree skirt too.
Your passion for applique has been so inspiring to me-- and I've learned so much from your blog as well. I'm so grateful to have found you in blogland!!!
Another beautiful block! It is so fun seeing them all together. I'm loving the blue in the sashing. It brings such lightness to the quilt.
Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment.
My first applique quilt (my third quilt) is coming along slowly - I designed it myself (no curves) and am making it by a QAYG method. I hope to post about it's progress later this week!
Oh my gosh. This is fantastic work.
Looking gorgeous!!!! I love your version in those fabrics!!!
Post a Comment