Friday, July 20, 2012

A Little Friday Sewing

I sewed the number three Star block from Temecula Quilt Co. 
 I also started my free motion quilting practice for this month designed by Angela Walters. Worked on paper first and then started sewing on my quilt layer. This swirly design is a little tricky for me.
Have a great weekend.
With Passion,
Carrie P.

17 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your Summer Star is very cute. Time for me to start mine. Enjoy your weekend Carrie.

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful block and wonderful practice pieces. I love doing swirly designs, it is the straight lines that mess me up, lol.

Debbie

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

That is a darling block Carrie. I really like your colors and values! Swirls are difficult for me too. I find that I get lost and can't move quickly from one to the next smoothly. I should practice like you are!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Love your star block. Love the fabric you chose. My swirls need practice. Every once in awhile I'll get a perfect one but not as often as I'd like!

Janet said...

I think it's such a great idea to make the star blocks from Christmas fabric. I haven't made mine yet.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I was just looking at the Temecula website thinking I should get going on my star blocks. After seeing yours, I'm heading to the sewing room to start pulling the fabrics. Your block is sweet.

Lynne said...

Your FMQ is looking good.

sewyouquilt2 said...

very pretty

Miriam said...

Love your fussy cut centre in your star block.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Super sweet little block. Machine quilting swirlies make me get the twirlies! They can be dizzying. Your quilting is looking terrific.

Allie said...

Darling star block Carrie, and your swirlies look great!

Candace said...

I love the fussy cutting in your block, Carrie! Gosh - if you were "let loose" on a longarm I think there would be no end to what you could do. Great quilting!
Cheers!

Wendy said...

adore your block and awesome job on your fmq!! I wish you all that is happy!

Melody said...

such gorgeous sewing

teri said...

Ooo, looks nice, Carrie! BTW, I wanted to let you know that the Kona and Moda solids color cards are the notion of the month at the Fat Quarter shop online. They are $15 instead of $20.

Cathy said...

Love your star. Great job on the free motion quilting. I've got to get back to practicing it again. Hugs

Robin said...

That fussy cut in the center of your star is perfect! I'm so impressed with how focused you've been on working your FMQ skills this year-- it is inspiring!