Thursday, July 11, 2013

Ten Things This Summer

I have been inspired by Sherri of A Quilting Life to make a list of ten things I would like to do this summer. If you haven't read her blog go by and check it out because she is a great inspiration!
So here is my list plus at the bottom of the post you will see what sewing I did today and another UFO finish! Whoo! Hoo! 
Number 1-- to finish the two applique blocks from this Bunny Hill BOM.
 Number 2--finish the embroidery on the Monogram Monday sampler by Jenny of Elefantz.
 Number 3--I want to make this door knob hanger for a friend. This is in a book called Simple Graces by Kim Diehl.
 Number 4-- Finish up this embroidery project for Jane's For the Love of Hand Embroidery Parade. I am one of Jane's guests during the parade which starts August 5.
Number 5-- I want to make a quilt for one of my pastors and his wife for Christmas from this line of fabric.
 Number 6-- My friend Laura is going to quilt my Willow Weave quilt and I want to get it bound this summer.
 Number 7-- I pulled out these blocks from an exchange I was in during 2010. I want to put these together into wall hanging. Any suggestions what to put in between the blocks?
 Number 8-- I want to continue working on my hexagon quilt.
 Number 9-- I have been crocheting a shawl that I plan to wear at a wedding the end of August. You just never know how cold or hot it might be in the church so I thought it would be nice to have a shawl to wear with my dress.
 Number 10-- I am also going to make a quilt for the young woman that cuts my hair. I found out last time I got my hair cut she was pregnant with her first baby. Tuesday when I got my hair cut she told me she was having a girl. She said she was going to decorate the baby's room in neutrals with a touch of pink. So I picked out some fabric yesterday to make her a surprise quilt.
I thought a log cabin block would be perfect. I made one block to see how it would look. I like it and have started the blocks so these count as my sewing for today with Pat Sloan, July 11.
 Now for another UFO finish. It is my row along designed by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet.
 My friend, Mary of Quilt Hollow, did this bee design for me. I didn't want it heavily quilted. She found this design. I thought it was perfect because it matches the bees on the background fabric. Isn't it cute?
Will you make a list of Ten Things to do this summer? I am linking up my Ten Things to Sherri's post here.

With Passion,
Carrie P.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Think you'll be busy for a while yet!

Candace said...

I'm tired just looking at your ten things, Carrie :>) How about red and white polka dots for your #7 borders! If you finish all of this by the end of summer your will be my hero!
Cheers!

Sinta Renee said...

Your projects are all great! It will be a wonderful summer. I love the bee design that Mary did on your quilt.

Heather said...

Wow, that is am impressive list. My goal this summer is to just try to have fun with my quilting. To spend more time doing things I want to do and less time doing things I have to do. We will see how that turns out!

sunny said...

that's quite an ambitious list! And some beautiful projects. Good luck!

Janet said...

Making a list is a good idea-I just might make one too. I love the sweet little log cabin block - it will make such a pretty "Touch of Pink" baby quilt :0) The bees are so fun for your Row along quilt.

Darlene said...

Love your list of 10. I know you'll accomplish everything. :-)

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Oh my goodness, what a nice list! I have been so busy recently, I had to catch up on your blog...you certainly have been busy lady!! Wonderful posts!!

Melissa said...

You amaze me. I have a hard time committing to just one thing each month, so no list for me. Love the log cabin blocks, I'm sure the quilt will be well loved.

marina said...

what a lovely list of projects to work on.
the quilting is adorable on your bee in my bonnet quilt and your raspberry rabbits quilt. So many wonderful finishes.

moosecraft said...

All of these projects are great! But, I am really adoring the baby quilt! Those fabrics you picked and the log cabin pattern... ahhh.... soft and lovely! Looking forward to seeing how it finishes up!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Lovely projects. I have more than 10 that I could list. Love the row along quilt and the quilting is so very cute!

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a wonderful goal Carrie...at this point I'm beginning to wonder if I'll finish even one! I do lots more stitching in the winter I think. Blessings, Marlene

Fiber Babble said...

I agree with your other commenters, the log cabin color pallette is perfect!

About that Christmas quilt: It looks like the blocks aren't all the same size - is that correct? I'd border all of the individual blocks to the same size in alternating red and green fabrics (of course some will have wider borders than others if the blocks are different sizes). Then use a gold sashing. Find a small multicolored Christmas-y print with a white background to use for cornerstones. Depending on how wide you make your sashing/cornerstones, you could even make the cornerstones little snowball blocks to look like ornaments... :-)

Threeundertwo said...

What a great idea. I love your Bunny Hill quilt. I embroidered that one but I'm thinking of doing it again in applique. Such a cute pattern.

I love your Christmas blocks. Can't wait to see what you figure out to do with them.

So many great projects.

Sherri said...

So many wonderful projects!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing this post. This made me realize that I have a lot of unfinished projects so I committed (at least to myself) to get at least six done this summer. First one is already finished! (I am going to reference this post in my blog.)

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I love all ten things! Your summer is going to be filled with lots of pretty! :)

FlourishingPalms said...

Hi Carrie! You're being ambitious with your projects this summer! I hope you're successful in accomplishing every one of them. If you haven't yet decided how to finish the Christmas blocks, I would suggest first making them all the same size by adding white fabric that's the same as the background. then, make the sashing gold, but add two WHITE triangles to the corners of each end of the sashing. Then cut white cornerstones. When the sashings and cornerstones are sewn together, you'll have white stars at each intersection. I think that would be very pretty. Enjoy!

~Kris~ said...

How can you possibly decide which project to work on first? They are all so wonderful. Love your sweet baby quilt.

How about red & white triple sashing for your Christmas quilt?


Preeti said...

Lovely projects !! embroidered alphabets look cute :)