I did it! I reached my goals for this month. I sewed on 14 flowers plus a bunch of green hexagons to my top.
As you can see I need to make a bunch of green hexagons to fill in spaces. I have added all the flowers I had made so I will be making more in August.
This was one of my goals I had listed on Melissa's blog for this month. And with eight hours left until the link closes I will be able to add mine to the collection. Yay!
My two other goals for this month were to get my two quilts bound. I did! Whoo! Hoo! The quilt on the left is from The Raspberry Rabbits and the one on the right is from Bee In My Bonnet.
I am linking these finished project to Lynne's..jpg)
One more thing I accomplished was to meet the challenge put out by Pat Sloan. The challenge was to sew every day in July. I did even though some days it was a little hard like today. Yippee! I hope to do more but for now I made some binding for a quilt. I can't show it yet because I have been testing a pattern for Stephanie of Loft Creations. I can tell you that when you see this pattern you are going to want to get one. I had the most fun making this quilt.
Have you been to your local AC Moore store lately? Well, I went last week and guess what? They have fabric for sale. They have fabric made by Benartex and Andover. The fabric on the bolts is $10.99 a yard. Then they have flat folds for $6.99 a yard. I bought 2 yards of some Jo Morton fabric last week. When I got my receipt I got a 50% coupon. So then I had to go out today. I stopped by to purchase some more fabric. Just so you know your coupons are only good on the first yard you buy. The store in my town just starting carrying fabric three months ago. If you have a store in your town you might want to check it out to see if they sell fabric too.
If you have done any handwork this summer you can go by Clover and Violet to link up for a chance to win some prizes.
You still have a couple of hours to link up to this post if you finished your UFOs for July. I will be announcing the winner of my giveaway tomorrow plus I will have a new link up for your UFOs you plan to work on in August.
With Passion,
Carrie P.

.gif)

22 comments:
thanks for the tip on ACMoore fabric. Fabric with those coupons can be a good deal! Love your hexis
You've really been busy and have accomplished a lot. I love the way your hexie quilt is looking. Can't wait to see the finished quilt :)
Yippee, indeed! Nice work, Carrie!!! Finishing my Raspberry Rabbits blocks is on my agenda for August. You make me want to get out my hexxie quilt again, too. Your flowers are so happy! :)
Great work, Carrie! Congratulations for making your goals!
Cheers!
Girl, you did great!!! Your hexie flowers are just gorgeous. And those quilts - *swoon* - so so wonderful!!!
Way to go girl!!
Great finishes Carrie! Your hexie flowers look so good, I bet they even smell like real flowers :*) I barely got to sew a stitch, but I'm planning on doing some major catching up this month :*)
Great job! You reached your goal. It looks lovely
Fantastic work.
Congrats on your July accomplishments! Thank you for mentioning fabric in AC Moore... I had stopped going there for anything but DMC floss sales simply because DMC was the only thing I had a use for from there? lol! Hopefully my local store will carry some fabric now...
Wonderful hexies!!
Carrie Carrie
Quite Contrary
How does your garden grow?
Beautifully!!! :o)
I have never heard of AC Moore but glad you got some bargains. It makes me happy knowing you really like the new quilt pattern. :o)
Congratulations for meeting your goals and sewing every day. I should try that, maybe I would get more off my list.
Congrats on realizing your sewing goals!! Your hexies are sure smelling pretty! I can say that I met my Pat Sloan goals (sewing something every day), but unfortunately it was for others and not on my stuff. That's what happens when you take in quilts. I did get one of my UFOs to the "ready to be quilted stage". Maybe, just maybe, August will be the finish of it -- at least I put it on my goal list for Aug.
Thanks for all the motivations today.
Yay for you! That wall of hexies just looks amazing!
Strong work, Carrie! The hexies are looking beautiful and your 2 finishes are rather amazing! I love both of them. Hannah and Harrington will be proud :-)
Congrats on a very successful month , your quilts are beautiful and your flower garden is going to be as well!
Your flower garden is beautiful! What size are the hexies you are using?
Your hexi garden grows more beautiful with each addition!
Congrats on the the two finishes, they are both beautiful quilts. Love your hexies too.
Your flowers are amazing! Congratulations!
Those brightly coloured flowers really pop from the dark green background!
Post a Comment