Two years ago I designed and wrote my own pattern for a Dresden quilt. Here is a photo of it hanging in a new shop. A new quilt shop has opened up in a nearby town called Calla Lilly Quilts. One of the owners asked me if I would be interested in teaching at her new shop. I said yes and today was a day I taught three students how to make Dresdens.
Here are the first of their blocks. I think these gray, red, and black batik blocks are going to make a stunning quilt when put together.And here are the other two student's blocks. Fun fabric choices.
Next Tuesday I will be teaching a Celtic Knot applique class. Next year I hope to teach a hand applique class too.
With Passion,
Carrie P.
22 comments:
How fun. I love that quilt. I have a photo from years ago with a similar setting. There was an antique quilt show in our town several years after we moved here. Those old quilts are so inspiring and have such stories to tell. It's wonderful to keep them alive. You are a great teacher and your students are lucky to have you. :o)
Love your design!! I am sure you had a great time teaching!
How awesome! I really like that quilt! I bet you are a great teacher.
Congratulations Carrie , love your Dresdans , very interesting quilt and your students blocks are really lovely . It would be great to be in your class I am sure :-)
Those are some amazing starts to a dresden quilt. All three have chosen nice fabrics but I agree, the grey, red and black will be interesting.
I would love to take your applique class...if I only lived a bit closer ;)
Have a wonderful weekend, friend!
What a beautiful quilt! No wonder you were asked to teach a class for your pattern. Your students blocks turned out nicely.
Congratulations! Very cute quilt! I know you have much to share with students at all levels. I have learned that I love to teach others and I bet you will too!
Oh what lucky girls. It was like a private lesson with an amazing teacher. How fun for you!
It's great to hear about new quilt shops opening up :-) Your dresden quilt is a neat design and it seems that it looks good in various fabrics. It sounds like the new shop is putting your great skills to good use!
That's great!! I am sure you had a nice time teaching your students. The middle one with fun fabric looks very sweet.
How fun to teach something you love to do and the students blocks are gorgeous they will turn into beautiful quilts.
Great blocks, especially the black,red and grey ones. You must be a good teacher cause your students did a wonderful job.
How fun... I always enjoy seeing the same pattern in different fabrics. You were a success!
That's neat Carrie..bet your a great teacher.
That looks like a fun class :-) I wish I lived closer. I'd be interested in taking it. Congrats on getting a new quilt shop in your area! What fun!
Your students' work is great. I like the different color choices. That is the great part of taking a class - seeing what colors everyone else is using.
Good for you, Carrie. How neat that your quilt is featured at the shop. It's so nice they recognize your talent as a quilter and a teacher.
It is interesting how the partial Dresden blocks make a butterfly when joined together. Creative use.
Love your Dresden layout! What a fun quilt!
Oh yes I agree - that gray, red and black is going to be amazing!!!!
What a beautiful quilt, Carrie! Your students are catching on really fast!
Cheers!
I've always loved seeing Carrie's handy work!! Anyone who can stitch that good is a good teacher too!
Post a Comment