Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Busy Times

It is a busy time of year for me. When not working on other things around the house I have been sewing to catch up on this sew along with Lisa Bonegan of Primitive Gatherings. I wonder what the next round will be.
 This past Saturday Mr. P. and I drove up to the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was a beautiful crisp fall day.

 We drove into a town called Blowing Rock. We got there in the morning but by early afternoon the crowds were overwhelming. We decided it was time to head home. It was a nice get away while it lasted.
 I have been busy cleaning up the garden from the summer crops. I have all the empty beds refilled with leaf compost ready for a winter's nap. I got the garlic planted too. The other beds with fall veggies are doing really well. Picked fresh spinach, lettuce, some kale, and two carrots. I beat the voles from getting them. So far so good. I am going to try my hand at making kale chips.
With Passion,
Carrie P.

16 comments:

Karen said...

The colors on your Primitive Gatherings piece are different from what I have seen others doing. More of a spring/summer look. Very nice choice.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love your primitive gatherings piece. Great pictures. I need a get away. Great job beating the voles!

Leeanne said...

Gosh Carrie your PG SAl has such fresh colours, looks lovely.

marina said...

love your stitch along, well done for keeping up.
Mine has stalled at round two. Those flying geese are a hurdle too.
great job getting the garden beds prepped for the winter.

Unknown said...

Love your quilt:) And wow on the carrots! How do you get them so long? Mine are always puny. Have given up

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your quilt top is looking beautiful!
Lovely fabric choices as always.
Congrats on the late season harvest - those chips sound like a wonderful healthy snack!

sunny said...

You live in a beautiful part of the world. If we stop in Blowing Rock, we always get ice cream. Your SAL is looking fantastic.

Sheila said...

Your SAL is just gorgeous Carrie and I loved the pictures of your day trip , so pretty :-)

Allie said...

Your SAL is gorgeous!! As are your pics - love driving the Blue Ridge Parkway! Wish I was driving it right now, I bet it's warmer than where I am, lol. Your veggie pics are making me hungry!!! How's hubby doing?

Unknown said...

Your quilt top is very beautiful, dear Carrie! - So lovely and fresh!!! The pictures for your trip are fantastic... and your veggies makes me hungry ;)
Hugs
Deborah

Candace said...

So pretty so far! I'm sure the next round will be gorgeous! I've only been a ways up the Blue Ridge Parkway some years ago and so wish we could go back to spend more time. Looks like you had a lovely drive! Yay for beating the voles, too! All that healthy, home-grown food is so wonderful!
Cheers!

Robin said...

Autumn is such a beautiful time of year! And fall veggies are awesome. I'm loving the purple and golds of the Primitive Gatherings quilt... same colors as my hair right now! :)

Raewyn said...

Your Stitchalong is looking great - very refreshing in the different colours. We are enjoying the beauty of Spring here at the moment but I do like your Autumn pictures too!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Such a pretty project. I love the mountains best and this time of year is spectacular. I love hearing about all of your bounty and what you do with it. Glad you outsmarted the voles.

Hazel said...

The Blue Ridge photos are wonderful!

KaHolly said...

A beautiful quilt and beautiful scenery. Were the crowds in Blowing Rock there to see the scenery, too? I haven't been in that neck of the woods in years, but I remember what a gorgeous drive it is. I'm looking forward to seeing the next round on your quilt, too, and of course, am kicking myself for not participating now that I see how delightful it is!!